This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8806 December 26th, 2002 at 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a rose bush that I am about to dig up (this weekend) to transplant. It is at least 7 years old, but I am moving and want to take it with me. All attempts at rooting a cutting failed. Any pitfalls I should be aware of? I plan to put it in a heavy pot just barely larger than the rootball that I did up. After that I plan on putting it in a sunny but shielded location to protect it from the worst of winter. What else do I need to do to it to assist it's survival? Thanks in advance!

#8807 December 29th, 2002 at 05:34 PM
L
L
Hello Jiffymouse:
I am not an expert, but when I moved a large rose bush this past summer an old gardener neighbor advised me to trim the bush back by 1/3.
Hope this helps. smile

#8808 December 29th, 2002 at 09:00 PM
S
S
Well the only thing I can add is to remember that it needs lots of rotted manure in the hole, along with bone meal and a weak solution of fish fertilizer for the feeder roots. What variety is it? Some are pretty finiky and some are downright indestructable.

Link Copied to Clipboard