This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8774 September 14th, 2002 at 09:09 AM
G
gayhawk Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I was given a small bamboo plant as a housewarming good-luck plant. I have no clue how to care for this type of plant. It is in rocks and water in a clear container with a lid formed around the actual plant. How often do I water it, where should it be in my home, sunlight, etc.? I live in Phoenix, the a/c is on until October. Any help?

#8775 September 14th, 2002 at 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your plant is not actually a bamboo. What you have are Dracaena sanderiana cuttings. Like most cuttings, they need fresh water replenised periodically and they will grow roots in the water. Add water whenever the water level drops to about half-full.

Although they will live for a long time in water, in most cases the new growth weakens considerably after a year or so. If you want yours to live a long time, it is best to plant it in a small pot. These plants do best in bright indirect light and warm temperatures above 60 degrees.

Link Copied to Clipboard