This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8739 November 16th, 2002 at 11:23 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi...I transplanted a plant(no kidding right :rolleyes :)about 3 weeks ago the leaves are all curled up.I thought I was watering it too much. So, as reccomended I gradually slowly decreased how often I was watering it. I've tried moving it around the room thinking light exposure was the problem. Nothing has worked. I have no idea what type of plant it is. It's a hanging plant. When a shoot comes off the plant, it's a reddish color. The leaves are kinda narrow & oblong. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've also fertilized. Sorry this is soooo long wink ! Just tring to give all the info.
Thanks so much,
bullie

#8740 November 16th, 2002 at 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a very good chance that your plant did not need to be transplanted. I say this because unnecessary repotting is the single most common reason for plant problems and everyone likes to do it. Potted plants do best when quite potbound and when their roots sre left undisturbed.

I suggest that you unpot your plant, remove the soil that you added when you transplanted and put the plant back into its original pot. While it is out of the pot you might inspect the roots for signs of rot (soft and mushy) or excessive dryness (dry soil and shriveled roots).

It is also important to get an ID for your plant so you will know what light it should receive and how dry the soil should get in between waterings.

Link Copied to Clipboard