This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87360 March 20th, 2007 at 04:54 PM
OP Offline
I'm looking for a black sweet potato vine. I had one a couple years back but bad weather got my green house and I lost it, as well as a few other plants I had in there. But looking for this to go in a large container pot out by the end of my drive, can anyone help?

would also love some black elephant ear tubers if anyone has any?

#87361 March 22nd, 2007 at 10:57 PM
I have some sweet potatoe vines from last year. They are green but I'm curious about how the "black" sweet potatoe vines were originated. I have never seen them no heard of them.

#87362 March 23rd, 2007 at 10:36 AM
Hi Suzydaze....

i have purple sweet potato... dunno if this is da same s da black that u had... da shoots r dark colored... sent some cuttings to Texas once... a member of da forum..but havent seen her around for soo long... she received 'em o.k. ...n before we lost contact..said they were growing fine... if u r interested u can PMme your addy...

Hi Mocha...wrote u a PM just now...but failed to send...got da message that your box is full... i want to say that if da ferns fail to grow please let me know s i will resend unless da ones u bought r of da same kinds..would really love u to have my fern...think u'd really love it...very pretty...

BTW please u dont have to send me da Malva seeds..i already got some from another member of da forum... Woops almost forgot..i have just received your package yesterday...in fact have sown some of da seeds today!!

Suzydaze...sooo sorry for this hijacking... do send me your addy if u'd like my purple sweet potato...

#87363 March 24th, 2007 at 02:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nori, the purple is the black. some varieties of it are deep enough to appear almost black!

#87364 March 24th, 2007 at 02:38 PM
Thanx Jifymouse... so itz da same plant then... but i suppose mine is not dark enough to appear black....

Link Copied to Clipboard