This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8729 December 11th, 2002 at 03:54 PM
M
me Offline OP
OP Offline
M
i am in 7th grade. i have a science project where i have to observe a fern. i have no idea how to take care of it. please help! eek confused

#8730 December 11th, 2002 at 04:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi there,

Ferns do best in cool, damp locations where they are protected from the direct rays of the sun. A north windowsill is the best location for most ferns.

Check the soil every day by pressing your finger on the surface of the soil. It should feel cool and moist. On the day that it feels like it is almost dry, then water your fern thorougly until some water trickles through the holes in the bottom of the pot.

Ferns like humid air. A nearby humidifier is great. However, if you don't have one, you can make a pebble tray for your fern. Get a saucer that is at least an inch deep and an inch or two wider than the fern pot. Fill the saucer with gravel or pebbles or small stones and then add water to the top of the pebbles. Set the fern pot on top of the pebbles. As the water evaporates into the dry air, it will add humidity to the air around the fern. Be sure to keep the saucer filled with water.

Let me know if you have any other questions about your fern.

#8731 December 12th, 2002 at 05:47 PM
M
me Offline OP
OP Offline
M
That's all the information i need. Thanks. smile cool

Link Copied to Clipboard