This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8726 November 21st, 2002 at 09:37 AM
F
Fred Offline OP
OP Offline
F
each autumn we are encouraged to make leaf mould if we have the resources.all the trees
i have access to have black spot.am i able to use these leaves to make leaf mould?
many thanks fred.

#8727 December 2nd, 2002 at 05:02 PM
A
A
It's never good to use any diseased material to make compost, you run the risk of spreading it to new plants. If good compost is what you are after, look for alternative sources for raw material, ie. raw veggie scraps, clean eggshells, grass clippings, undyed paper, paper towels, etc.

#8728 December 7th, 2002 at 03:05 AM
J
J
I agree, you should be careful...>For example, I have some trees(which will hopefully be removed this winter) which get a horrible black mold on their leaves every summer. It starts around July. The big problem is that it spreads to the surrounding plants. Which is why I am having them cut down....But I would never, never used them in part of my composting system..Instead, I got my neighbors leaves from down the street. They have lots of healthy trees in their yard and don't garden so they were glad for me to take them.....Good Luck, jan

Link Copied to Clipboard