This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87192 January 7th, 2007 at 06:44 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I have an anthurium that's at least 10 years old so would not like to lose it. Until this month it's been a low-maintenance plant. Last month we went on vacation and, from looking at other websites, I know I did 2 things wrong: I let it sit in the sink of water for a week, and the temp may have gone below 40°. So now it has wilting leaves, turning yellow, dying flowers on some stalks.
I don't know what variety of anthurium this is. It has gotten tall & leggy with leaves only on the top third, one flower at a time on each stalk. The blossoms are pink/mauve.
I haven't repotted it in 5 years & it looks like thereis soil only on the top.
So I'm guessing the 1st thing to do is let it dry out & repot it. Any ideas what next?

#87193 January 7th, 2007 at 07:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it needs to dry out!!!! and yes, repot it (sounds like it's way overdue for it).

if it's that long-standing it should survive...just let it dry out and repot it and then wait a couple of weeks before watering it again...

good luck!

#87194 January 12th, 2007 at 01:31 AM
joclyn gave some good advice.

(As an aside, the plant has become tall and leggy because of having access to so much water.)

Link Copied to Clipboard