This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#87100 February 23rd, 2007 at 04:38 PM
S
S
thumbup

#87101 February 23rd, 2007 at 06:43 PM
We need fish for our frys tonite......

have any extra?

ha ha

b shk

#87102 February 24th, 2007 at 03:50 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi all,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. I got my temporary dentures and it took all day. I was beat when I got home.

Let's see I have received seeds from LandofOz, Cancolgirl, Toni & Kratz7 and if I haven't already posted it from badplanter as well.

I'm behind on the paperwork for the fling but I'll be working to get all caught up by Monday. I'm looking forward to everyone's seeds.

#87103 February 24th, 2007 at 06:07 PM
Yay!!!! kissies

Oh yeah for those that receive my seeds. I put the small seeds inside a small folded paper inside the seed packet. So if you open it up and nothing comes out, it's because you have to pull out the other little envelope.

#87104 February 24th, 2007 at 06:08 PM
S
S
im hopin you get my seeds monday, alls i had was the littlier bubble envolopes so its packed full!

#87105 February 24th, 2007 at 08:04 PM
Both my packs made it, tk? kissies

#87106 February 24th, 2007 at 09:22 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi badplanter, I'm not exactly sure. Did I mention I was alittle behind on the paper work? But I'll have it sorted out by Monday. Or at least that is the goal.

Hi Sibyl, That's the way I like the packed full of seeds.

Hi Cancolgirl, The envelope you sent is just fine. Of course when you get it back ignore the soup stain please. I was watching t.v., eating, and sorting the seed packets all at the same time and I had an ooops. Fortunately no seeds were hurt lol.

Well that's about all the news at the moment. I'll let you know how it goes as I continue the adventure of looking at all of these seeds. Thankyou everyone that sent them in.

#87107 February 25th, 2007 at 01:40 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
If anyone is doing a black & white flower bed please let me know. I think I have some seeds that would be a nice addition.

#87108 February 25th, 2007 at 01:49 PM
I would love a few black/white flowers, if you don't find anybody who is particularly looking for them.. Duh

#87109 February 25th, 2007 at 02:31 PM
tkhooper ,

me likes black and white.. HINT HINT HINT
wavey

b

#87110 February 25th, 2007 at 05:35 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Thanks for responding. I remembered seeing a post about it aways back but I couldn't remember who so this seemed like the best way to know if any of our fling members were doing it. Thankyou for responding so quickly. I hope you like the seeds that I choose for you.

#87111 February 25th, 2007 at 06:38 PM
tk

I will love your choice..
How is the mouth today/

barb

#87112 February 25th, 2007 at 07:39 PM
Just catched up on the reading! It's going fast! I'll be sending my envelop tomorrow, hope you'll like it!
Read that Partygirl was thinking about sending in these seeds:
- Berlandiera lyrata - the Chocolate flower
- Heperaloe parviflorum
I really don't mind receiving some (hint:D:D)

All the best Tammy, thanks for all the hard work!

Paulien

#87113 February 25th, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Blakcs would make a nice 'specimen plant' for my container garden...gotta convince my mom flowers come in ALL colours! laugh laugh laugh I could do experiments on black flowers as well, check out the composition of black colouring that makes them black!

#87114 February 26th, 2007 at 01:40 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi Dodge, the mouth is doing good. Can't keep the lower denture in place but the top is doing great. Hopefully when I can use the polygrip the bottom will stay in place. Thankyou for asking.

Maja24, I hear you and have added those plants to your wish list. I don't think I've seen them yet but then my memory isn't what it once was and there are a bunch of seeds. I'll keep looking

Kennyso, the seeds I've gotten that are black wouldn't do well in pots. But if I get some that would do well that way I'll definitely keep you in mind.

As a general update we are up to 35 members for the Fling and I am still behind on the paper work. I think I mentioned that I took on some church duties recently. Unfortunately, they are taking more time than I had originally thought. So I am taking more time to get everything done. That's because I don't want to hurry and mess up. Hopefully I'll get everything squared away in the next few days.

#87115 February 26th, 2007 at 02:02 PM
tk
Glad to hear your healing in the mouth.

Yes the bottom will take longer to get used to. I know... However one bit of consulation, they bottom wont fall down.. ha ha .

Glad your busy with church...Worthy occupation.

barb

#87116 February 26th, 2007 at 05:27 PM
Well I have YOUR box ready.And my baggie is sitting in the box for shipment.But I remembered where some more nandina bushes were growing so going to see if the birds left any seeds behind.But I got a good sized area cleaned off the bar!at least a foot of space!

I'd go for black & white.Reminds me...need to check my bat seeds.

#87117 February 26th, 2007 at 06:22 PM
S
S
take your time tammy. kissies i bet the swap is alot to handle, with so many people, seeds and wish lists n-all. pluse church stuff! i know i couldnt do it! i'd be flippy in a week! perpl laugh

njoynit those bat seeds can take 1-9 months to germinate. well worth the wait, there so cool! im hopin i do good so i can share in the next swap!! couldnt this time cause i only had a few seeds so im keepin my fingers crossed! wink

#87118 February 26th, 2007 at 06:55 PM
Tammy, my seeds are on their way to you!

Take care!

Paulien

#87119 February 26th, 2007 at 10:50 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey all,

lolw/Dodge, so true about the bottoms lol.

Njoynit, I was suprised by the amount of interest in the black and white garden. I'm not sure if I'll have enough seeds for everyone but I'll try my best.

Sibyl, that's one long germination period. I thought the avocado seeds to a long time at 3 months. Currently I have a wooly dutchman's pipevine and madagascar jasmine germinating and they are suppose to take a long time too. Hope my patience holds out.

Hi Paulien,

I'll keep my eyes open for your seeds. I know everyone is holding their breath to see what you send in. Your seeds were very popular last fall.

I spent all day today on e-mails trying to get organized. I think I'm closer but then I haven't went down stairs for the mail yet either and it's 6:00 p.m. almost lol. Oh well another day.

#87120 February 27th, 2007 at 02:20 AM
I need to dig up most of my Montbretia next weekend, but since they are corms rather than seeds, just where do i offer them? do you have a cutting, bulb/corm/rhizome exchange? this is a 4' x 3' patch i started from a single corm i "smuggled" out of the south of Ireland in 1999. [very dark red and orange]
so there's probably a hundred extra in there by now.

#87121 February 27th, 2007 at 02:55 AM
patunia,

You can list them on seeds trades..
I want some ......about 6......I can trade for something else.

Being I married an Irishman and my daughter in law is Irish also.

LMK.
dodge

#87122 February 27th, 2007 at 06:01 PM
Tammy, sorry to hear that you are having a tough time! This seed exchange has got to be a ton of work, it was so generous of you to do it. Even more generous is the volunteering for the church! You've got to be one busy lady.

#87123 February 27th, 2007 at 09:14 PM
Originally posted by patunia:
I need to dig up most of my Montbretia next weekend, but since they are corms rather than seeds, just where do i offer them? do you have a cutting, bulb/corm/rhizome exchange? this is a 4' x 3' patch i started from a single corm i "smuggled" out of the south of Ireland in 1999. [very dark red and orange]
so there's probably a hundred extra in there by now.
Patunia I wouldn't mind some either! smile can we work out a trade?

TAmmy, through much prcrastination, I'm going to drop the seeds in the mail box in a few minutes when I go to check the mail. There are two envelopes...one bigger one and one o fthose smaller ones (the 3/$1 ones) I put hand cancel on the bigger one.

#87124 February 27th, 2007 at 09:16 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
LandofOz, Sometimes it does get interesting.

For all of you who have requested lotus seeds. From what I understand it takes almost a year from fruit to seed so I wouldn't expect to see any. I have seen the root extentions in the garden centers though with other pond plants. That might be a place to look. And then we can all have seeds to share. Just a thought. I know I would love to have one too if I had a huge bowl to put it in.

Well I have caught up with all the paperwork I am happy to say. Now I can walk out to the mailbox guilt free lol.

I still have some seeds to identify as to weather they are annual, veggie, perennial or vine but I'm getting there with that too.

Right now I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. This morning I was over a hundred seed packets behind and it was getting scary lol.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard