This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8695 November 25th, 2002 at 09:58 AM
L
lucky Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I received a Peace lily for my mother's funeral 10 months ago. We have a love/ hate relationship, and I am desperately trying to save it. It sits in my office, I water it once a week (not too much), and gets adequate sunlight (but I live in IL, so it is sometimes cool and cloudy in the winter). Our office has a pretty comfortable temperature. It constantly gets new leaves, but then the ends burn until the whole leaf is brown. I tried not to cut them off, but the whole plant was almost destroyed, so I started to prune it back to make it look better.

I haven't fertilized it for 6 months, thinking I shouldn't make matters worse. It had a bloom, but it died too.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

#8696 November 26th, 2002 at 03:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Lucky,

Your paece lily should get lots of bright indirect light, such as on a north windowsill where the sun never shines directly.

Water it thoroughly (so that some water runs through the drainage holes) whenever the surface of the soil feels slightly damp or just before the leaves start to wilt.

If your local tap water is on the hard or alkaline side, then use filtered, distilled or rainwater instead.

Keep temperatures above 60 degrees, even at night.

Link Copied to Clipboard