This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86890 March 15th, 2007 at 06:17 AM
B
brian.k Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Greetings Members,
Over the last 2 months my yukka (which was bought at about 2ft and 4ft tall) has tried to adapt to my apartment. There are two trunks which each went through an adaptive stage where the original leaves died off and new leaves have grown back. It is in perfect temperature and sits next to my window and receives direct and indirect sunlight throughout the day. However, while one trunk (the smaller one)is beginning to do very well, the other (4ft) seems to be lacking any life. Currently there are no signs of new growth and all the original leaves have dried/died/turned yellow and fallen off. The sprouts seem to be drying up as well. So, my question to all of you is.... will this taller trunk eventually or ever have a chance of growing back its leaves and/or (new)sprouts if I keep it in a good environmental condition? or does it have no chance at all and I should pull it out of the pot? Any help is very much appreciated!! thanks!

#86891 March 15th, 2007 at 07:21 AM
S
S
do you mean a yucca? heres a pic of mine[with the peonys]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
if you look to my left, right becide me, those are my yuccas, they were done bloomming, so you cant hardly see the blooms on the stocks, but the blooms are white bell shaped flowers on there stocks.
is this your plant? and did it bloom?
cause after it flowers the main crown dies off, it dont come back, it will grow new side shoots,
if your keeping them in a pot then maybe you should remove the sideshoots and put then in their own pot, wink thumbup

#86892 March 15th, 2007 at 12:12 PM
M
M
Are they 2 separate plants or the same branched plant? If 2 separate plants, maybe yes, maybe no for the tall one. As long as it is not rotting (rot can spread) I'd give it more time as you've obviously got the rigt conditions, witness the shorter trunk. At the first sign of rot, pull it out. If it is a single branched plant, I'd say there is no hope for the taller branch. The plant tried, failed for some reason, and is now putting its energy into the shorter branch. I'd cut off the taller one. A pic would help us suggest where, how, and what to do with what you cut off.

Link Copied to Clipboard