This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85976 September 9th, 2006 at 04:28 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi everyone! Today I was at my bank and they had a pot of what looked to be giant pink daisies! They didn't appear at all to be Conflowers as the petals didn't droop one bit. The petals looked exactly like daisy petals, only huge, so it really threw me off! Do any of you know what they may have been? They were SO pretty, bright pink, and blooming away! Thanks so much!

#85977 September 9th, 2006 at 04:33 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Ok I think I may have found the answer to my own post! LOL! I just found these online:

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/...;SearchText=coneflower&OfferCode=SH1

I definitely need to get some, if these are them! They look even better in person!

#85978 September 9th, 2006 at 04:45 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hmm they could also be these, but they looked more like the first ones:

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/...;SearchText=coneflower&OfferCode=SH1

It seems that the blooms would be bigger on these ones. I'll have to measure how tall it is next time I'm at the bank. LOL!

#85979 September 10th, 2006 at 02:55 AM
Oh darn! mad I thought I was going to discover another new daisy and a pink one to boot, smile but it looks like that's not to be. frown Daylily, I have the Echinacea 'Little Giant', Echinacea 'Fatal Atraction' and they both look like daisies and they do not have the drooping petals. Of course, I also have 'Ruby Giant' and to me the petals on it look more like my Shasta daisies, so I'm wondering if perhaps that's what you saw. I'll see if I can find a picture of mine and post it. Daylily, there's a lot of new coneflowers out there these days that don't have the drooping petals. wink

#85980 September 10th, 2006 at 11:17 AM
D
OP Offline
D
LOL! I know what you mean, Patti! I was thinking that I had discovered some Daisy that I'd never heard of before or something, too! I'm pretty sure it's not Ruby Giant because it didn't look like the pictures I've seen of that. But you never know since sometimes things can look different from plant to plant! I'm definitely going to measure it and maybe that will help me ID it. Can you imagine what people will think if they drive by and see me out there with my tape measure? (The things I do to ID plants.. LOL!)

#85981 September 10th, 2006 at 08:35 PM
How about Gerbera?

#85982 September 11th, 2006 at 02:11 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Oh my goodness, you're right, Carly!! They WERE Gerbera! I just looked up a picture of Gerbera and they had the exact same leaves I remember seeing on them, too! Plus the centers had that indent circle thing in them! I'm definitely getting some Gerbera as soon as possible! Thanks so much! Does anyone know what the huge pink ones are called specifically? They're so gorgeous in person!

Link Copied to Clipboard