This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85941 February 8th, 2007 at 02:03 PM
Mr. Radio
OP Offline
Mr. Radio
I don't know why but the original topic was closed.

Original question by Bridget 808:
posted 02-04-2007 07:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought a money plant sometime last August which came in a small ceramic planter-it "had" a total of six separate trunks(?)that weren't braided yet.Anyway, replanted it into a lrger plastic plannter about 2months later.It was doing fine. In Dec/Jan I have lost 2of the plants-they became soggy & easily plucked out of the soil--I'm having the same problem w/ 2 more tree trunks. Is there a way to save the plant?

It sounds like a couple of possibilities. 1. could the plant have been frozen? If so good luck, you can try to nurse it back with a little bit of potash, no fertilizer, and go light on the watering. But if frozen I doubt it will make a good recovery.

2. Over watering, If so cut back on the watering, allowing the soil to dry slightly between watering. Add a bit of potash to the top of the soil. This will encourage new root growth and assist in the healing of the old ones.

#85942 February 8th, 2007 at 07:16 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I don't know why but the original topic was closed.
It was moved to the Houseplant section by Jiffymouse.

Dying Money Plant

Link Copied to Clipboard