Wow, that's a lot of questions
so I'm going to number them.
1. Yes, I'm using a sterile X-acto knife and cutting them at an angle.
2. Yes, I'm using Ferti-lome Rooting Powder.
4. No, I'm not providing bottom heat, could that be the problem?
5. No, I don't mist the cutting, but I use my mister to dampen the soil.
6. Yes, I'm constantly checking them for any signs of disease or bugs.
7. No, they are not rotting out, some of them are just not forming roots.
Actually, I'm having about a 99% success rate with my Pelargonium Geraniums, but only about a 60% success rate with the Ivy Geraniums. I'm not using bottom heat with either of them.
Are the Ivy Geranium harder to start? This is my first try at trying to propagate the Ivy Geraniums.