This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85525 January 21st, 2005 at 12:54 AM
A
ashley1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Do you know what the name of this plant is? I don't even remember where I got it. thanks
how do I post a pic of it here? I tried copy and paste and it didn't work!! HELP!!

#85526 January 21st, 2005 at 01:14 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
HI Ashley1,
You can get yourself a place to download your pictures for FREE at one of these places......

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

and then add that URL from there to the IMAGE button below....
And someone will come thru and explain a tad~bit better than I can to get it on here...
Don't forget to keep asking if something still doesn't work out, we'll get your picture up and
take a peak at it!!!

Weezie

#85527 January 21st, 2005 at 09:19 PM
A
ashley1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
[img]http://webshots.com[/img] can you see my pic? or is it too general?

#85528 January 21st, 2005 at 09:47 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ashley1,
I think you have to type in something more to your photo???
I see a RED X and when I clicked on properties,
you've only put in http://webshots.com/

Should there be more??

Anyone can you help ashley post her pictures??

Weezie

P/S Looking forward to seeing your mystery plant.

#85529 January 22nd, 2005 at 08:01 PM
A
ashley1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
does this mystery board have an e-mail address, I found a way to share my pic via e-mail address. I even called a guy that knows alot about computers to try and help me post my pics on here- I have @5-6 plants I need help identifying!! thanks
Any help appreciatd, I went on webshots and enrolled with them and saved my pics in an album on there, and still can't get the pics on here- I tried all day yesterday off and on- anyone have step by step instructions for posting pics here after a person gets set up with webshots.com????

#85530 January 22nd, 2005 at 08:28 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ashley,
Okay, I'm not completely sure of how to do this..
but first off, I don't think there is any way thru e~mail to post it on here,

but I'm going to put this link here, from another post that helped one of the newer members put on a photo.. Another mystery plant with directions on how to post a photo!

Try that.. *it is for photobucket, so not exactly sure the directions are the same...*
but I do know you can only put a link to webshots to view the pictures, you can't actually put the pictures from there to on here...
Does that make sense??
I believe you can from the other two, put pictures directly on, not webshots...They just
changed the rules a tiny bit ago, so that may be
why you can't actually post the picture???

Please keep trying...
We truely love Mystery plants...

And there is always some one around you can PM, *One of the hostess's, Bill, Cindy, G~mom, etc... there's lot's of regulars that put on pictures all the time...

Looking forward to seeing them...

Weezie

#85531 January 22nd, 2005 at 08:56 PM
A
ashley1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
[Linked Image]
Does anyone know the name of this plant? I have multiple pics of it!!

#85532 January 22nd, 2005 at 09:02 PM
A
ashley1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
[Linked Image]
Here is a pic of the same plant- this is the top of it- after it grows up- it produces upside down bell like flowers and seed pods? I know if you tear those little things off and drop in the soil or if the wind blows them etc, they re-seed and make babies. ANyone know the name of it?

#85533 January 22nd, 2005 at 09:02 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ashley,
That's one big picture you got there!!!
WOW!!!

Your plant is called "A MOTHER OF THOUSANDS"
is the name I've always called it....
We've had a number of posts on this kind...

The momma will get a ton of babies at each point on the leaves, *ie: If one leaf has 35 points, you'll get 35 babies on each one..
You'll have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many babies real soon..
What the plant does is, sprouts the babies from the points of each leaf, the babies may even sprout roots while on leaf, and then drop down to the top of the soil under it and wha~la.
I think I can seeeeeee a bunch on the top of the soil already...

I'd treat it like a jade plant... water from the bottom, wait till it dries out a bit between waterings...

If you do a FORUM SEARCH and type in MOTHER OF THOUSANDS you should get some posts, if not check the archives too for the same plant..

Also do a search on "Crassulaceae"

And here's a link to a picture and one with some
flowers on it..
Mother of Thousands

Got more???

Weezie

#85534 January 22nd, 2005 at 09:04 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey we were posting at the same time!! thumbup

#85535 January 23rd, 2005 at 12:16 AM
A
ashley1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
thanks so much weezie- that's exactly what I have, and it produces tons of beautiful flowers. Thanks you so much. You are awesome, I don't even know where I got it but I love it, It grows so well and everybody comments on it when they come to my house!! and the last thing I would consider it is a weed!

#85536 November 25th, 2005 at 08:54 AM
I knew I would find it!!! This forum is awesome. So far I have been able to identify 2 of my mystery plants. When I was given some of the babies to plant I was told it was called "Pregnant Lady". Mother of Thousands is a good name too. LOL From my experience they are popping up all over, by the time it's ready to bloom we get a freeze. Older, heartier plants do come back in the warmer weather. I do trim them back after a freeze.

#85537 November 26th, 2005 at 12:21 PM
I have my mother plants as houseplants (Z6 here)-can anyone tell me what conditions are needed for it to flower? I have some pretty tall plants, but some seem to be possibly dying off without flowering-any suggestions? Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard