This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

the blooms on this plant remind me of crepe myrtle, but that is where the similarity ends. this is a hedgy shrub, and the trunks are nothing like the crepe myrtles i know.

Jiffy...I just looked through all your pics and I don't know any of them. nutz Some garden helper I am. laugh

Originally posted by Jiffymouse:

the blooms on this plant remind me of crepe myrtle, but that is where the similarity ends. this is a hedgy shrub, and the trunks are nothing like the crepe myrtles i know.
Yeah, this sure does look like Lagerstroemia
maybe it's not the Lagerstroemia indica/Crepe Myrtle that we most often grow,
but another member of the family?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's what i'm thinking zuzu. if it weren't in such a different growth habit, i'd have called it crepe myrtle without hesitation. i'll have to keep researching it, and if you find anything, let me know!

christina, i wouldn't expect you to know most of these since you are so far north! now, just don't ask me to identify a crocus or sugar maple shocked laugh laugh

now, just don't ask me to identify a crocus or sugar maple
K..don't ask me either. nutz laugh

S
S
what about a evergreen azalea

Link Copied to Clipboard