This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8527 August 24th, 2002 at 07:56 AM
T
tatsrus Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My Aloe Vera is flowering. Is this rare? I have had the plant for two years and am overjoyed with the fact it has two flowering stems.

#8528 August 25th, 2002 at 06:45 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
I wouldn't call the fact that your Aloe is flowering "rare", but it is certainly uncommon for them to bloom indoors. It definately shows that your plant is happy and healthy.
If you are lucky enough to have hummingbirds in your yard, and there is a suitable location to place your plant outdoors (morning sun ONLY in hot climates), please do so. The hummers will love you for it! Don't forget to bring your Aloe back into the house before the first frost.
wink Caring for your Aloe

#8529 August 31st, 2002 at 05:03 AM
C
C
I have a beautiful and seemingly happy aloe plant in a container by a large window in my kitchen. The only problem is that it is lopsided. The base is not strong enough to support all the offshoots and it leans strongly to one side. I have tried staking it to get it to grow more upright, but the top of the plant is so heavy that it continues to lean to the side. Any suggestions on strengthening the base to make the plant grow more upright?? (The is my first aloe plant so I am very much of a novice.)

Carrie

Link Copied to Clipboard