This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85179 December 28th, 2006 at 03:24 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I have 2 mother-of-thousands plants.1 is the top half that wind broke& its the one with multiple stems.I also have babies in some plants growing on-their-own.

[Linked Image]
my lil buddy.the leaves are rooted,but its his home for now...so they'll stay put till spring....for him.
[Linked Image]

#85180 December 29th, 2006 at 03:37 AM
Cute frog in the second picture.

#85181 December 29th, 2006 at 09:20 AM
Comfrey!!Good eye on spotting that frog. I had to go back and look!!! laugh

The MOT you gave me Njoynit is doing great!! I had no idea they bloomed tho!! clp clp

#85182 December 29th, 2006 at 12:57 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
yes they do bloom& I had thought at one time was 2 different kinds of MOT but ran across someones post and they had 3 different ones.But are quiet a few.SIL got a piece off one of our other friends& hers is different from mine.(B.Gastonis-Bonnieri)So I do have 2 different ones.(course SIL did not listen about it NOT taking frost,but I had gotten a start before frost) It bloomed Dec 12th last year....so we are late.but have more stems for blooms this year.

you'll LOVE this.a neat-o shot
http://www.bryophyllum.com/b-plantlets-detail.php

This shows some different leaves.
http://www.bryophyllum.com/b/articles/id/

I also have one of the kalonchoe types.I've proably finally done something right, cause I've had it 5 years and its gonna bloom....BOTH pots have a bud& looks like the MOT bud not a normal kalonchoe bud.

Yep.The frog is over-wintering in my room.Those leaves he's liveing with came off /angels plant...I just forgot to send them.so I rooted them (like I need more...most my container plants have babies of MOT and some have no idea how GOT that far& INTO the pot.)I did give him a bee a lil yellow jacket-sweat bee what-ever-ya-call-um.He must have ate him,cause he's gone.I worried he'd starve indoors with no food supply.

I'll post when they bloom.
And I can always share some of this plant...got plenty of containers to choose from& I'm slowly getting the babies over 3 inches potted up in 4 inch pots.

#85183 December 30th, 2006 at 04:47 AM
Ohhh Cool Thanks for the sites Again I have learned something from you!! thumbup I'll be paying more attention to them from now on!!

#85184 January 3rd, 2007 at 12:49 AM
M
M
What will the flowers look like? My father-in-law gave me one many years ago and I found it too invasive to keep, babies and babies making babies EVERYWHERE! None of the multitudes bloomed, though. Are the flowers pretty?

#85185 January 5th, 2007 at 10:53 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes. You Might look in my Yahoo albulms& will be in a fall/winter one.

I've currently got 2 plants.ones the original 'bottom' & then is an 20 inch azealia pot with a broke 'top'half' that grew multiple stems.Both have buds.I wish they'd grow faster.

Here's a web-shot laugh laugh
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/plants/Crassulaceae/Kalanchoe_daigremontiana.html

My neighbor June's is a lil different from mine& her blooms we're darker.I've got a start off hers to grow.

Yes.The babies DO grow everywhere's....even in pots not in direct contact NEAR them (wind or birdcrap....we voted.)They share well too.Just ask Jiffy laugh

#85186 February 13th, 2007 at 03:55 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
My flowers we're not as dark as usual.....AND slower to bloom.So I moved the plant into the kitchen on bar stools.
Here are some shots

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
My possible blue kalonchoe..........in bloom after 5 years
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have another MOT that is different so will have 2 kinds next year.I've been misting them also....I seen yesterday that my blooms flowers are growing roots.........some of the leaves....that have babies on them....well the babies are growing roots and forming into plants.

I'm more than glad to share too..........

#85187 February 13th, 2007 at 05:11 PM
How exciting....keep us posted thumbup flw flw flw flw

#85188 February 13th, 2007 at 10:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's an interesting plant!! i don't think i've ever seen them for sale around here...

would love to do a trade for some babies (when the weather is warmer)!

#85189 February 13th, 2007 at 10:55 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll ALWAYS have babies. gab

#85190 February 14th, 2007 at 12:09 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Njoynit!!

The flowers are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yours' MOT
is HUGE!!!

The one you sent me is doing well and has grown about 5 inches taller since I recieved it! thumbup grinnnn flw flw

#85191 February 14th, 2007 at 04:12 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
The taller plant is about 4 ft the other...top part about 3 1/2 feet.I think the clay potted one does better than the plastic one.
Debra planted hers in ground in full sun.mine did better with bright light I think the sun was mostly morning.

I've got roots forming on the bottom of the flowers...now THAT's Strange!

When it gets taller watch the wind.My plant snapped in half last year....hence the 2 huge top half/bottom half....they ARE pretty equal now though....just one is 1 stem with 3 branches and the other is 9 stems tied to stick.

#85192 February 14th, 2007 at 08:19 PM
Oh Okay Once again thanks for the info! kissies

#85193 February 14th, 2007 at 10:44 PM
M
MLN Offline
M
Neat plants but, gosh dang it, I still can't find the frog laugh Duh Sure glad I have an appt. with my eye doc coming up soon laugh Obviously I need some new glasses!

Marleine

Link Copied to Clipboard