This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85037 January 16th, 2007 at 11:23 AM
T
OP Offline
T
hey everyone, we haven't been doing so well w/ one of our new plants, a single maid fern. it was beautiful when we brought it home, and now it's shrivelled up and dying. i think we did some damage when we first brought it home, and didn't water it enough at first. the instructions say it is a low light plant, and we've got it in a pretty low light spot. how do we bring it back to life?

Here are some pics:
plants/detailfern.JPG" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

plants/fullfern.JPG" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

#85038 January 20th, 2007 at 05:46 AM
wavey From what I know about these plants, they need LOTS of humidity and semi moist soil at all times, but before knowing that,the one I had suffered the same fate as yours. a lady I knew kept hers directly over an indoor fountain and it did ok.
You might get some new growth if the roots are not damaged by being dry if you can provide those two things.
I'd probably cut it back as well and keep it where it gets med bright indirect light and keep your fingers crossed!

#85039 January 20th, 2007 at 07:14 AM
T
OP Offline
T
thank you! I'll give that a try.

-reva

Link Copied to Clipboard