This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8503 November 6th, 2002 at 07:25 AM
O
OP Offline
O
My entire back yard does not get direct sunlight during the winter months. Is it still possible to lay sod in these conditions?
Also I have 2 choices of sod I'm considering:
Eden at 29¢/sq ft or Marathon III at 35¢/sq ft. Is there significant difference between the 2? I would consider the lawn to be high-traffic, with 2 large dogs that like to run around and lay in the yard. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Paul

#8504 November 8th, 2002 at 12:59 PM
P
P
I am not familiar with the grass types that you may have down in Southern California. Believe it or not grass from down south is almost a totally different plant then what is grown up north.
You may want to check at a place different then the one that you are buying the sod from to see if it is comaptible in with your conditions. That way you will have a better chance of getting a honest answer.
I know that sod is grown in large open fields so it is more then likely going to do better in the sunlight, then the shade.

Link Copied to Clipboard