This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mich168 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi
I have a bush that I am trying to identify.
The story:
Last Oct, I got a fall arrangment at a store to dress up the house. It had 2 kinds of branches, one of them was labeled "Orange Pom-Pom". The OPP branch grew roots while in water and I planted it.
The leaves resemble the leaves of a maple tree (?) and the fruit does look like orange balls. The plant seems to like a lot of light, but not hours of direct sunlight (the leaves get burned). It also seems to like to be well watered. I have been hunting on the internet, but have not seen anything quite like it. Photos can be found at the following link:
http://community.webshots.com/user/mich1681

Just go to the album labled "flowers & Gardens", the last 2 photos are of the plant in question.
Thanks for any help!

smile

Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
Well....I don't know what your plant is.....but I just loved looking through all your pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Hi Michele
Your "orange pom-pom" is actually an ornamental tomato (non edible) Try a search using the term "lycopersicum" and you may find some info on it. I would assume it's care would be basically the same as any tomato. Your plant looks VERY happy, I'd just keep doing what you're doing! wink

Nikkal

mich168 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the advice and compliments. Glad you enjoyed the photos.
Well I tried the web search, as suggested, and didn't come up with my plant... so I guess I will just keep going with the trial/error method since its still alive!! wink

T
T
I loved your pics.Not sure if this will help but check out this site on tomatoes.
www.totallytomato.com then click on tomatoes and the click on medium/small red there are a couple different pics that look similar.Hope it helps.GOOD LUCK!!!!

mich168 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tina. I did check out the site, I never knew that there were so many types of tomatos!!!
Educational!
wink

Link Copied to Clipboard