This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8454 September 4th, 2002 at 10:40 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I live in an apartment and have potted herbs. They're all growing well, but there are small spiders and some sort of almost microscopic bug/mite all over the Thyme, Rosemary and Basil. How do I get them out? Anyone have any ideas? I'm new at this. Thanks!

#8455 September 10th, 2002 at 06:01 AM
P
P
It sounds like you have a little critter called a spider mite. Unfortunately since they are mites, not true insects, a lot of insecticides will not work. You will need to look for a miticide. They are easily found in most garden supply stores. Follow the directions on the label, and you may need to do a reapplication to control the eggs that have not hatched yet, a few weeks after the initial spraying.
You may also want to quarantine these infected plants to ensure that the mites don't infest anything else
Good Luck
Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard