This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83718 February 21st, 2007 at 12:36 AM
D
Danno Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey guys & gals. . long time no see smile Been real busy here with school & work!

Just got my seeds from Burpee today! I got some 4th of july tomatoes & some Brandywine heirlooms. Also received a pack of some Thai Dragon Hybrid peppers as well. (those supposed to be pretty hot!!!) I'm tempted to start the pepper plants right away, but i was thinking of waiting till about march 1st. (i had my plants IN the ground about may 15th of last year). EXCITED smile

Hows everyone else's year starting so far? Hows the south looking?!

#83719 February 21st, 2007 at 02:37 AM
The weather here in Arkansas has been amazing this week...just like spring...60-70's. I just realized two days ago that I need to be starting my tomatoes by March 3rd at the latest and then peppers and flowers and what ever else I have that needs to be started indoors. So since I let time slip away I am in a mad rush to find all my flats, containers, etc get them all cleaned and sterilized and get ready to start. Bad thing is that I did not store everything in the same place or even together, so going here and there gathering up all my seed starting equipment is a whole lot of fun...Not. laugh laugh laugh

#83720 February 21st, 2007 at 02:34 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I've already started my peppers and tomatoes.

The tomatoes are all up and two of them have already developed one set of tiny true leaves. My transplant target date is April 15th I hope. Last year I started them in January and they were way to big by the time I could put them outside. It made a huge mess at transplanting time.

About the peppers, I don't have optimal conditions inside for growing them so it takes them about 6 weeks to come up. So I started them way late. I probably should have started them in mid january. But will see how it goes.

The walking onions are about half way to their mature height. I can't believe what fast growers they are.

#83721 February 21st, 2007 at 03:26 PM
M
MLN Offline
M
I put cabbage and lettuce in the garden the first week of this month and they have started growing. My Romas are up with first true leaves and looking good (they are still in the house). Can't believe our Wal Mart and Home Depot already have tomatoes for sale nutz I noticed that they lost them all in the late light frosts we've had. I will put all my tomatoes in in mid-March. And I got my asparagus pea seeds in yesterday! They are my new plant to try for this year. I've been out planting flowers and shrubs to pass the time till veggie gardening time.

#83722 February 21st, 2007 at 05:38 PM
I have three cherry tomato plants that I bought at HD, and my beefsteaks are up but don't have their true leaves yet.
Have planted a color bowl and some herbs too.
I may add to my collection today, it's warm and sunny (we were having rain and cold winds) and that puts me in a gardening mood !

Link Copied to Clipboard