This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83461 March 1st, 2007 at 09:05 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm Hosting a spring plant/cutting exchange.This is 2 seperate exchanges.You can be in both(please send lists seperately if are in both...for my sanity kissies .And everyone should do delivery confirmation slips.Its so much easier when can track and is only .50

I'm looking forward to this.I enjoyed the last one I was in. clp

#83462 March 3rd, 2007 at 08:25 PM
Ok how is this working? Do we send cuttings to you? Or do you match wants with haves?

#83463 March 5th, 2007 at 01:51 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
No.you send them to the persons name I give you.I'll do best to match wants/haves.A person gardening a long time might be easier to have large choice from VS one who's only gardened a short time.Those of us further south may have stuff ready now where someone up north in the snow belt may have hard ground still.If I still lived in Indpls....I'd need a pick axe& hammer to get a plant out for tradeing right now,but would be easier end of May.It can be more than 3 plants.I just set a minumum.

I'm looking forward to this.I hosted a butterfly hummer plant exchange a few years ago on another forum.I even had someone scare me...they put those plastic bug rings from halloween in the box.even on a few of the plants..lol bought choked on my beer too.

#83464 March 5th, 2007 at 06:02 PM
J
J
I would like to join the swap.
I have day lilies, iris and hostas to exchange; however, I do not know the colors of any. Because of my dog, children and chickens, all labels were scrambled last year.

#83465 March 5th, 2007 at 07:58 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Ducks are good bug eaters...bet chickens are too.I get them dog issues too.sometimes they play fetch with my plants....after removing from pot.

Thats ok about tags.I got daylillys and know color but not name

#83466 March 6th, 2007 at 02:31 PM
T
T
Okay, one final question, just so I have EVERYTHING clear confused
I assume by whole plant, you mean a division, and a cutting would be, just that, a cutting off of a plant. Right? Let me know if I have it right or completely wrong! shocked
Thanks,
Jacquie

#83467 March 7th, 2007 at 12:56 AM
Hmmmm Njoynit I posted once I'd like to join this too BUT I don't know where the post flew off too Duh

Okay what I have for cuttings are..

Devils backbone
Firestick cactus
donkey tail spurge
and a couple of other heat drought tolerant euphorbia, and succulents

Are these okay for the exchange??

#83468 March 8th, 2007 at 12:19 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
yes cuttings are a cutting off a plant.Some plants are easier to root than others so some may want their cuttings rooted already is why I asked if someone wants a preferance.

Dianne...all those are great for exchange.

I can load a yard up.
daylilly-yellowish
daylilly DB orange w red
a pink once blooming rose
alhoa rose HT
vinca
carolina jasmine
alstromeria
lycrosis spider lillys-red
LA iris-purple
white ROS seedlings(I didn't know the whole trade would sprout)
spiderwart
white water lillys-open at night
yopon holly seedlings 1 yr old
cannas
4 pm tuber pink& yellows
AV-plant

I could find more if was in the yard.
I might join the cuttings.If the JIP are up by tradeing time....I'll have them too.And tarro.I know where to get some in a ditch.I've just got a few starting up.

I post stuff too....then can't find it when come back.I posted in banter hall and searched 4 pages and gave up.

#83469 March 9th, 2007 at 05:46 PM
Hi Njoynit,

Think i won't be able to join, because i'm in Holland (Europe) or there must be others Gardenhelper-members in Europe?
Otherwise i'd love to participate!

Paulien wavey flw

#83470 March 10th, 2007 at 03:15 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Pauline If someone joins and is from your area then you can join.I know are a few others from your side,just have to get um over here.

#83471 March 17th, 2007 at 07:38 PM
Njoynit Is this still going on?? I'm still interested!! thumbup grinnnn

#83472 March 19th, 2007 at 02:39 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Seems we have only 2.I guess everyones busy with spring & a possible across the waters.I wonder if 1 month would make a differance.I know my friend Pam in WI is still wearing 5 layers most days.By then I'll have more to offer.

Link Copied to Clipboard