This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82904 November 16th, 2005 at 03:55 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I actually have 3 cacti& hopefully will get the 3rd one loaded right up(not a good shot-reshooting)

# 1 yes its potted in a crock pot,NOT my doing.It has another barely in the liveing cacti,that scratching my head believe looked like a ?cholla? type at one time in the past.but think was thicker than mine.it has some dead spots(large ones)but are green sprouts showing in a spot here& there.so guess the bad bad cacti has some life left afterall. The other one in pot?growing sideways.I think rita punched her,but is liveing.I propped her on another pot.I have NO idea what it is or hardyness or lightness.

#2 It has alot of them fuzzy glocho-what-ever things.It had stake,but had grown past it,so added a taller one& tied pink string very very carefully.I AI'Nt tochin the soil.I didn't even remove the leaves(they can compost,they R oak)I just added a lil cacti mix(schultz) I don't know what it is.what light it gets.

#3. It grows stright up.Is THAT the same as the 2nd one??I tried feeling it.

I added closeups of #2&3.I don't know much about cacti.I grow a crown of thorns,orchid cacti& aloe vera& prickly pear& a tequila plant(sm baby) some kind of cholla plant& some yucca.I use cacti mix by schultz if thats what it needs.My neighbor went into nurseing home& I got her plants.I know shes had them quiet awhile& have been through some neglect.they've tolerated a hot house dry air in their brief winters then outdoors april-Octish.I'll cold GH them this winter till April.I need lighting/fertilizer/container.i'll look for the welding gloves,but till then I ain't touching.I don't touch my prickly pear much either& don't mind holding a grill lighter to its gloches to scald them off,but i'm out of duct tape for removeing thorns& the blue duct tape don't work as well(duct tape shortage since ritas passing)

I hope someone can help me.cacti just stump me.I hope they bloom.

I have 3 pictures loading its 1:54 pm central time.If they not their.they'll make it.have patience.think of it as a bloom. flw

#82905 November 16th, 2005 at 03:59 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
OOppS

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/njoynit03/album?.dir=e05f&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/njoynit03/my_photos

I forgot.albulm.its fall 2005.

Link Copied to Clipboard