This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#82459 March 12th, 2007 at 12:38 AM
S
S
wow! clp your so liucky you can plant outside right now!

i got my brug bed half way dug up.

#82460 March 12th, 2007 at 12:57 AM
OP Offline
Well at least your soil will be admended and ready to go when weather permits. thumbup thumbup

#82461 March 12th, 2007 at 06:26 PM
I usually plant them deeper than the they we're in pot (more roots to drink with) I potted one yesterday(Versicolor orange from Dott) I tilled in 7 dozen of hubbys dead minnnows(He didn't put the minnow bucket in lake....didn't want me too...fraid I wouldn't return I guess Duh Then was only able to buy 2 doz...all that was left lala )Any way...his mishap went to good use. I've been cleaning the yard up this weekend...ya know...something I started Monday,then was fishing all week.I'm sore now.

Dianne.I restrung my rod.I used my fishing gnomes fishing rod to hold the spool.He sure is handy.You would have loved hanging with me Friday.I almost feel in lake thinking I could stand barefoot on slimey log to unhook fishing hook.....least I fell back into boat. It sucks when your anchor gets stuck too.

#82462 March 13th, 2007 at 06:14 AM
S
S
njoynit! you make me wanna go fishing again! even though i caught more tree branches than anything else! laugh honestly! people duck when i toss the line out!,we dont have to many lakes anymore from the flooding we got,broke most the dams, i grew up on dutchfork lake, its a shame to see it all dried up. i think the only thing i ever caught in my life was a bluegill.

#82463 March 15th, 2007 at 07:35 AM
S
S
got the brug bed dug out, but i think i want it alittle wider? how wide should it be?

#82464 March 16th, 2007 at 09:50 PM
Njoynit just told me that she sent my brugs today! thumbup

#82465 March 16th, 2007 at 11:44 PM
S
S
woo hoo! jessica!
i know you'll be watching your mail! thumbup

#82466 March 17th, 2007 at 04:22 PM
OP Offline
My Brugs are now in ground and one in a pot. most of you know I had started these inside. I took out for a while and had to bring in( bad/cold weather :rolleyes: ) then had problems inside with leave drop and I think it was spidermites eek . Luckily the weather started warming and I have since had outside for about 3 weeks before planting in ground;during which time new leave growth has begun and they are looking much better!!. I admended the soil with my compost and composted sheep manure and premium bedding soil and waited a few days before setting in ground.. Now they are happy!! thumbup Keeping my fingers crossed that I did everything right and I will get at least some blooms out of one or two of this this year ,, I know blooms form above the 'Y' and some of these already have 'Y's where as other ones don't have a 'Y' as yet.. Keeping fingers crossed here!! these are 'adora' and 'cotton candy'
[Linked Image]

these are 'pale yellow' and 'snowcone'
[Linked Image]

Continued..........

#82467 March 17th, 2007 at 04:31 PM
OP Offline
continued.........,

this is 'unnamed pink' from Njoynit thumbup

[Linked Image]

these are 'pink beauty' and 'Charles Grimaldi'

[Linked Image]

This one in the pot is 'Unnamed Pink'

[Linked Image]

Now I just wait! flw flw flw

#82468 March 17th, 2007 at 05:46 PM
S
S
wow! their lookin great! they must realy like it outside,

#82469 March 17th, 2007 at 05:55 PM
I still just have my one in ground....but I been fishing alot.I've cleared out 100 ft of fence row of youpon hollys& whatever else was growing.I did take the time to dump the water out of the trays under the brugs.I've now killed all my variegted starts.Got my 2 cans of white spray paint for garden shelves And need to be back cleaning my beds....but changed my bobbers from lighted back to daytime floaters.
And I've had hummers in the yard...the 12th.
your lattice reminds me I need to clean mine.has green stuff cause is on north side of house.

And I ordered 10 white flowering dogwoods from arbor Day for $10.The dogwood special ends March 31st.

#82470 March 17th, 2007 at 07:23 PM
OP Offline
Njoynit~~ I swear You doo soo much labor!! Good thing you can fish to reward yourself!! How'd ya kill your varigated starts?? eek
I have a hummer bird feeder out But I haven't seen any, Shoot I really wanted to see one this year,, I understand March is when they'll be seen in my area.. But I'll just keep looking!!!

The brug in the pot ~~ should I have planted it deeper or is it okay being that tall to start out???

#82471 March 19th, 2007 at 03:20 PM
What I hate is they show up......and not hardly ANY blooms.They go the red bud tree.I have a different daff blooming and they've had it.mostly the feeder though& the carolina jasmine.and I seen one saturday eat a bug.Hummer feeder needs filled again too.

I cleaned pond out.drained so far down.then filled back up.Then dropped in minnow buckets(pond plants are still on railing.I was letting the water settle) since then,,,,I'm down to one minnow bucket,but have added Betty Marshall,Monika,Daydreams,tropical sunset 2 daylilly divsions I about mangled with like 2-3 roots only on them...... I also added a Dr suess trunk that didn't bloom last year its about 3 ft.and my 2 dwarf bananas are in front of pond on each side of Monika.I have creamsickle in front of computer window just feet away from the satsuma orange tree(It's in a climate zone& can always hang a sheet from roof.this is the southern corner of house.)

Sibyl...I'm thinking of mailing yours.I see you have snow chance today....but rain rest of week and lows in 40s.I need to check be sure I have a very long box.I have a back up trunk that I won't need now.
I'll put pictures up and come back.I need to unload the shot of a lure in Matt"s a$$.It was too funny.I wish I'd used vid mode.

#82472 March 19th, 2007 at 04:37 PM
S
S
whoo hoo! yep and highs 50-60 by this weekend!! im so glad! it may rain but it will be warm and no snow! thumbup

#82473 March 22nd, 2007 at 03:11 PM
I got my package in the mail yesterday from njoynit! Duh I need help! eek

#82474 March 22nd, 2007 at 05:11 PM
OP Offline
Jessica I put my brug cutting in jars of water until you see little white nodules and maybe some root <-- that may take a couple of weeks not long tho,, I changed out the water every 3 or 4 days so it didn't get stagnit.. then pot up in gallon size pots until a stonger root system developes This is the way Njoynit had me start mine! thumbup

Just stick the spider plant babies in some potting soil and they should be fine,, The MOT I put mine in a mix of cactus soil and potting soil and it has been fine!

#82475 March 22nd, 2007 at 05:24 PM
Hi Diane! wavey

The brugs already have roots! So, should I just pot them up right away? I got like 3 or 4 stalks of each kind. Do I put them all in one pot or separate every one of them? So, I got 4 different kinds. Should I have 4 pots of them or 12 - 16 pots of them? Duh Don't mean to sound so ignorant but this is my first time with them.

I will pot up the spider plants tonight and the MOT. I didn't realize that one needed some cactus soil so I am glad I asked. thumbup

#82476 March 22nd, 2007 at 05:34 PM
OP Offline
Honestly I don't know for sure that MOT does need cactus soil BUt that's what I did mixed with potting soil and It seems happy !!

WOW Three or four each of each kind!!!!! Duh how long are the roots now??

#82477 March 22nd, 2007 at 05:40 PM
The roots are pretty long. I don't think I need to let them grow any more roots before potting them up. I just thought that maybe I should let them hydrate a bit after their long journey here.

Yet it will be a while before I can put them outside! Now, to find that many gallon pots! Duh

I am so excited to have these! thumbup

#82478 March 22nd, 2007 at 06:51 PM
OP Offline
I had my brugs in the south facing windows. a lot of huge pots?? Well you do have a lot to pot up and depends how big you want them to grow.. Njoynit can really help you a lot better then Me cuz I'm learning from her too, Plus our weather is sooo different from yours with a longer growing season, I plan on leaving mine in ground and come next winter I'll just cut back and heavily mulch over

I'm just saying it worked for me~~ Right now I have the MOT outside and it has grown two new leaves just since takin it out!! thumbup

#82479 March 22nd, 2007 at 08:01 PM
I just didn't know how big of pots I need for when I put them outside?!? Duh There is no way mine would make it outside in the winter so they will have to go in the basement. I just thought it would be easier to have them in pots so that I can bring them in when needed. Hopefully njoynit will come by soon and give me some advice! thumbup

I wish I could put MOT and other plants outside right now! eek It is warming up here but not even close to being warm enough to have them outside yet! I am glad that your MOT is doing so well! I need to stop after work and get some potting soil so that I can pot up all these new plants njoynit sent to me! thumbup

#82480 March 23rd, 2007 at 04:54 AM
S
S
grinnnn

#82481 March 23rd, 2007 at 02:36 PM
S
S
i thought about keeping some in a pot too cause of my zone, i wonder if theyd keep in a cold green house in the winter?

#82482 March 23rd, 2007 at 04:09 PM
S
S
diane you have one in a pot, is it growing as good as the ones in the ground? it looks good![thumbs up]

#82483 March 24th, 2007 at 01:53 PM
sorry.I been fishing.Brugs are on way to Christy now.I have a confirmation #03021790000174420961 Its a LOOOONG BOX.Its actually 2 long boxes taped together.Their is a bottom& top marked on box.may be easier to open from bottom and haul out from bottom.The box is stuffed& yes....you have a 3 ft plant inside.you have a trunk cutting with my cats claw prints,thats what the scratches are on the trunk.

Ok.YES glad they arrived.Yes soak in water for the day to rehydrate the roots.qt pots will get you to your spring.I pulled the leaves off before shipping.When you go to pot up in their growing pots a 3 gallon would proably do fine.If you wonder over to ABADS they show growing in pots that are sunk in ground with holes drilled in them.I do know that a qt pot is too small for doing that cause I tried it.The plant grew slower.It has overwintered fine,but will do it this time in 3 gallon pot not qt pot. My MOT is in regular potting mix.those stem cuttings should root right up.I know they'll water root,but I usually just stuff in soil and water.you'll be shareing them soon.I've also seen the babies will winter over fine and sprout right up like an army of millions in your pots.I'm seeing them now.oh and some of mine are in south facing and some east facing.
Fishings been great.I bet I've went through 20 dozen minnows.One night I caught 120 lbs of catfish in 2 hours(may be why my arm is so dam sore)all we're over 10 lbs and the largest was 40 lbs.they filled 3 laundry baskets.I had a bass pull me off the boat in the water yesterday afternoon.never lost my hat or beer or rod.set beer in boat then tossed hat in finished catching my big bass.I now know why is a fishing tournament rule to keep feet inside of boat....if you hang feet in water....if start sliding.....water don't stop you from moving.the water actually felt good.I did NOT like having feet tangled in lilly pads.I'll load pictures up later.I didn't have the camera with with me for the catfish.I had went down Trinity river to fish in Liberty co.I did take a shot of Russ holding my dunker bass.I've also learned what a rock bass is& caught more turtles than fish wensday...one which bite my hook in half...so I ran him over in road in a few times.it was a bad turtle day.they we're stalking me.
I swear it.I moved and they followed...till I changed fishing lakes.
I have planted more brugs out.charles has the largest buds for now and will bloom next month sometime.Daydreams& Monika have buds too....close to ground.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard