This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80599 November 14th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
OP Offline
Hi everyone...

just wanna show my butterflypea flowers... m reserving da seed pods for alan...he's sending me his Swamp Sunflower seeds....alan r da sunflower seeds ready..? My Butterflypea seed pods have not dried up properly yet!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...anyway we can still enjoy da flowers, right? Have a nice day everyone.

#80600 November 14th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you always have the nicest pics!!!

such a pretty flower!!! and the leaves are nice too!

you sent me some seeds and i didn't have time to get them out this year...they're a definite for next year!!

#80601 November 14th, 2006 at 12:04 PM
OP Offline
Hi joc...

Thanx...read that u r interested in da purple Torenia seeds... i'll reserve u some seeds later... not in da near future... s with the monsoon here ...we r getting such a lot of rain... so not a good time for collecting da seeds!

#80602 November 15th, 2006 at 04:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i hope the monsoons don't wash you or your beautiful flowers away!!! laugh

whenever you can collect the seeds will be fine - gives me something to look forward too!!

how's that iris doing? i hope you put it in a spot that drains well!!

#80603 November 15th, 2006 at 10:38 AM
nml

that is a beautiful blue ..
Hope you get lots of seeds.......

Hey some day show us photos of your yard there,
We never seen Malaysia ..hint hint.

dodge clp

#80604 November 15th, 2006 at 10:44 AM
nml, that's sure one impressive patch! I second dodge, we need to see your full garden some day...soon! Any tips on how you started your seeds? I have six seeds but am a bit scared to waste them

#80605 November 15th, 2006 at 12:20 PM
OP Offline
Hi joc...sadly da iris didnt make it..nor did da gladioli... or may b it is till trying to recover from its trip to Zambia!! laugh ..anyway it has not made any appearance...but da gladioli i know have rotted...coz after a long, long wait i decided to dig 'em up.. n i found remnants of da outer covering only... ters But take heart...i do have 3 iris plants growing n 2 gladioli.... from Lorena n Betty Edens of Texas.

Hi dodge... i sure will one day...

Kennyso...they germinate very easily...they'll just grow anywhere they fall on da ground...at least they do this side of da world...but m sure they'd do so just da same out there... just try 'em... if they fail think i can send u more!

#80606 November 15th, 2006 at 09:25 PM
nml..........

Just put me on your list for the blue butterfly pea flower......

I put the passiflora seeds in my heating bed yesterday, now we will see if it grows..
Well I know my seeds grow for you, and I spent most of last nite lookin all thru this site, at your LOVELY flowers..........Oh what a glorious sight it must be in your land..........
I know us folks in zone 6 will have to suffer snow soon......

Thanks for sharing your photos all over here. Kept me from watching boring TV last nite.

dodge

#80607 November 16th, 2006 at 08:23 AM
OP Offline
Hi dodge....

no problem...i'll bear in mind that u want da Butterfly pea seeds...

i found out that passiflora seeds may take 3 months or longer to germinate.... i bought some from Thompson n Morgan ...a different type from mine.... i sowed 'em s soon s i got 'em.... sadly they never germinated!! i was hoping n keeping my fingers crossed... but up to date m giving up on 'em..... just have to b thankful n glad that i have these kinds that da birds sowed for me!!

#80608 November 16th, 2006 at 08:30 AM
I read they are definately hard to start ..
I have to ask another lady how she did hers.
I need easy stuff.

ha ha

dodge

#80609 November 16th, 2006 at 09:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, i'm sure the iris will be okay...even though it got sidetracked to zambia...as long as it's not in a spot where it'll get too soggy.

#80610 November 17th, 2006 at 11:27 PM
nml

Please read this ......Here is why I cant get the plants to you! Some one else posted this KRatz.

DOdge
Charlie,

It were plants they confiscated, not seeds?
I know you are forbidden to sent plants (and seeds) with dirt on them to a foreign country!

#80611 November 18th, 2006 at 03:10 AM
Passiflora may take a year or longer to germinate. You might be better off with a cutting. My neighbor planted some out in a bed and they didn't start coming up until almost 18 months later! Passiflora requires lots of patience!

#80612 November 18th, 2006 at 03:20 AM
landofoz

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm''

Sounds exciting.

mad

dodge

#80613 November 18th, 2006 at 06:02 AM
dodge,

lol, it's even more exciting than watching paint dry or grass grow!!

I was lucky--my neighbor shared 5 plants with me, but says I'm always welcome to come dig some up! Which is great! I had two plants which I broke the tap root off and they both flowered a few months later.

#80614 November 18th, 2006 at 08:15 AM
LOO,

Nice neighbor you havae......
We dont swap them here neighbors........They have a habit of saying , i can do that too.
SO I keep to my self..ha ha .........

Yes some lady offered me cuttings , come next spring......
After I collected all those seeds........Baa
Hum Buggggggg.
Do the passiflora only bloom one time , and not all summer?//

dodge

Link Copied to Clipboard