This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79809 October 30th, 2006 at 05:58 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have pineapple mint and peppermint in the same container and they rescently went through a left drop. But I notice that the pineapplemint survived much better than the peppermint. The pinapplemint is a varigated while the peppermint is a solid left color. Does that have something to do with how they deal with light requirements?

Did that make sense? I'm no meds so I'm less likely to make sense than usual.

#79810 December 3rd, 2006 at 11:26 AM
Pineapple mint is varigated-the leaves are green and cream.
Peppermint is green.

#79811 December 11th, 2006 at 07:55 AM
R
R
Tammy, I understand your question but I don't have an answer to it. I'm sorry, and sorry for the meds too but your message made it through. thumbup

I do have another question though - what kind of environment are you growing your mints in? Do you keep the air humidified? Regular sunlight or growing lamps? What kind of watering requirements?

I'm just in awe of anybody who can keep stuff alive indoors, much less all this talk about winter sowing. Like I told you, I killed my chocolate mint simply by bringing it inside. :-P

By some miracle, the 2 remaining corkscrew vines are still alive but they are so dang *needy* about that vaporizer that I am certain if something were to happen to me they would be doomed... good thing there were no vacation plans this year! ;-)

Before I tossed the chocolate mints outside in desperation, they would drop leaves and look dead, then resprout from roots. I don't know what the triggers were, I never did figure it out.

I hope you learn soon. I'll be watching the thread.

Best wishes.

flw

Link Copied to Clipboard