This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79778 November 28th, 2006 at 11:58 AM
W
Whimsey Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I've got to be the most disabled gardener ever created! nutz

My father-in-law passed away last week and we received the above plant. I LOVE(D) it...but I think I've killed it??? I so hope I'm wrong. We were in Nebraska for the funeral; we loaded the plant into the van (which was cold, below freezing when we left); I noticed when we backed out that the leaves were kind of hard and curled a bit; almost like being frozen.

As the van warmed up; many of the leaves went limp....some are a very dark green color.

Can it be saved? Do I need to cut the leaves that bent over? Can ANYONE help me save this precious plant?

TIA!! ~Michele

#79779 November 28th, 2006 at 09:00 PM
Michele-

I would suggest trimmimg off any leaves that are obviously dead and just watching the plant. Don't water until the soil is dry up to the first knuckle on your finger and kinda "baby" it right now. Try to keep the dead leaves cut off and it should come back. Best of luck and welcome to the forum!!

#79780 November 29th, 2006 at 09:10 AM
thumbup I agree with Tonya any leaves yellow, black chould be cut off, and place in indirect light Don't over water this winter. they are pretty resilient!

Welcome to the Garden Helper Michele,, I was raised in Topeka, KS And Noooo I don't miss those hard winters AT ALL! frown wink laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard