This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78325 December 28th, 2006 at 03:40 AM
Tonya Offline OP
OP Offline
I was lucky enough to harvest some seeds from my rose and was wondering the best way to give them the best possible chance at sprouting. Any suggestions?

#78326 December 28th, 2006 at 08:43 AM
Soak seeds in hydrogen peroxide (1:10 hydroP. to water) for like 30 seconds and them wrap them in a wet paper towel and put in a baggie, leave partially open. Then put in fridge and chekc every week or so, some mould (the black spots) is normal, but don't let there be too much. I usually change the paper towel once over the three months or so, that being said, keep it in the fridge for AT LEAST three months. Whne I change the paper towel I also dump the seeds in the same concentration of hydrogen peroxide and discard the floating ones. I only use the ons that sink. When you notice a small root coming out of the rose seed, transfer to potting medium, do not over water, rose seedlings damen off really easily. Not sure if that's what everyone does, but that's what I do and it workds pretty well for me. Let us know how it goes, don't forget to show us pics of your blooms! And just a small thing, for repeated blooming roses, you should see a bud at around three months, and for single blooming roses, you should not see a bud until next year. All my seedlings always dampen off, too much tender loving care ? laugh frown

#78327 December 28th, 2006 at 10:25 AM
S
S
thumbup thats cool! i never knew how to do rose seeds! grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard