This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#7730 July 28th, 2005 at 05:46 AM
Topcat, thanks so MUCH for the suggestion of helping Maxi ride his bike better! That is a great idea I will work with him on as soon as he gets back from camp this weekend. He will be thrilled, I know.

And what does NLD stand for the way you use it with Kendra? NLD in the lingo for Diabetics means Necrobiotic Lipodicia Diabeticorum which I am guessing you are NOT referring to?

So if Gluten is an ingredient in any product, will it be listed on the package? Or does it also just naturally occur in some foods and doesn't get listed separately?

I was surprised to hear you mention that fruits are expensive where you live. Is that a regional difficulty?

Gee, I am really impressed you manage all the things you do all at the same time! I think I'd be overwhelmed.

Merme

#7731 July 28th, 2005 at 10:58 PM
T
topcat Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Merme NLD stands for Nonverbal Learning Disorder(very common in tiny preemies), has nothing to do with ability to speak(well actually it does make for kids with wonderful vocabularies) I am not gonna explain it I will just give you a link to the site about it. www.nldontheweb.org

Gluten is in many grains so those are all avoided, in other foods it is either called what it is or it is hidden - some times foods will list food starch, well if I knew which food it came from it would be more helpful, but you find wheat esp in so many things. All commercial cereals are malted(this is a proccess with barley)so to eat cereal I have to pay the same amount as the rest for about 1/4 of the amount. Not fun, as for the fruit, I do think that $1.50c for a lb of apples is stupid.

I do all I do because if I don't or don't stand or the kids then nothing gets done I have my days where I don't want to do anything, sometimes I give into too!!

There are receipes for great gluten free baking etc, but when you need 3types of gluten free flour and a starch, and the flours are $5 $6 $7 per KG(about 2.2lbs?), it is still expensive and there are few alternatives

#7732 July 29th, 2005 at 10:25 AM
T
topcat Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have sad news to report. earlier this evening we had a severe storm run thru with large hale and lots of winds-it appears to have shredded every plant in the garden!!

#7733 July 30th, 2005 at 02:41 AM
Really sorry to hear all that! Hope you can save some stuff.

#7734 July 30th, 2005 at 07:33 AM
Topcat, I tried to reply to this earlier but for some reason, it didn't post.

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE ENDURED THIS LOSS!

Please update us when you can and let us know if anything was able to be saved.

Merme

#7735 July 30th, 2005 at 09:11 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Originally posted by topcat:
I have sad news to report. earlier this evening we had a severe storm run thru with large hale and lots of winds-it appears to have shredded every plant in the garden!!
Any news from topcat????? Duh

#7736 July 30th, 2005 at 12:02 PM
T
topcat Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well I went out this morning and looked at the garden, the potatoes are probably fine most of teh plants had flowered, the carrots too the tops were kinda squashed but not badly damaged. The brunt of the damage was done to the pumpkin(surprisingly the cucumber plant under its leaves at the front was ok) and my tomatoes it knocked most of the flowers off of both plants.

With the pumpkin I cut off what I could of the damaged parts and am hoping it will still produce something for us, the tomatoes still have a few flowers and one plant actually had a small tomatoe on it that survived

so time will tell. the beds I just put in this spring were relativly unharmed(peas,sweet peas and strawberries).

But work goes on- as soon as it dries up a bit I am so tired of having mud in the house all the time.

#7737 July 30th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
Sounds like you were able to salvage quite a bit. I am so glad that some things made it for you!

#7738 July 30th, 2005 at 11:54 PM
T
topcat Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So am I but we ended up last nite with a severe storm warning and a tornado watch.

So I went out and covered the garden with tarps and nothing happened, guess I shoulda done that the nite before lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard