This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#77171 November 7th, 2006 at 05:09 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey all and here it is.

Today I decided to go ahead and fill Penny's and Kenny's envelopes and send them off. Just because the post office is being slow is no reason we should be right? So they are now winging themselves back to you. I hope you enjoy everything I picked for both of you.

Hey Partygirl I hope yours arrives soon.

So as soon as I update the master seed list and send it off to Cindy and everyones seeds come in we will be done with the Fall Fling 2006.

Then it will be time to dream of spring Fling Round Robin 2007. And my trade box is already full of things for that one so it should be really good too.

Maybe I need to just buy land and put up a green house with electricity and an electric sleeping bag lol. I'd be happy.

#77172 November 7th, 2006 at 06:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Partygirl You are absolutely hilarious! What a great idea! Send them back all the junk they send us and you get the benefit of knowing whether or not the mail man has gone! laugh
TK you are sure doinga great job, but I'm going to miss this ongoing post. lol You'll have to start a new one called cute mailman or something. wink

#77173 November 7th, 2006 at 06:55 AM
You've all got me wound up and am now heading out to the mailbox to see if there is anything in there waiting for me. It's just so cold I didn't really want to go back out. Unfortunately I live in a new development and I don't get mail delivered directly to my house. Here we go..... wavey

#77174 November 7th, 2006 at 07:06 AM
Just got back. brrr frown nothing yet. I got other stuff, but not what i was hoping to get. I guess i'll have to wait another day.

#77175 November 7th, 2006 at 07:52 AM
Tammy, I posted this on another thread, but wanted to make sure you saw it.

You really, REALLY did a great job on the seeds! I can't believe I got all these different kinds of seeds in all these darling packages! I cannot tell you how many of these are things I wished I had seed of because I just want a plant or two.

And to all the participants -- thanks so much for sending in all those great things! My email is Limequilla, so all my packages say that instead of Party Girl. I figured it would be easier if you had questions about my seed.

Who-ooo-eee! The Queen is in the Counting House. Too bad about dinner tonight, honey.

#77176 November 7th, 2006 at 07:55 AM
tcmers,

Yes, AND they have to pay for postage back, so it is as annoying to them to get it back as it is for me to get it. (And it annoys the right people, too -- the people who care about their bottom line.)

For years, my father sent all that kind of mail back -- I'm talking about the kind that comes with a pre paid envelope. All of it, including the envelope it came in. When the credit card companies got so aggressive, though, he just couldn't keep up with it all.

#77177 November 7th, 2006 at 02:31 PM
S
S
Tammy
i think its a great idea to go ahead and send off Penny, and Kennys envlopes!
now i know what seeds came from party girl! i got 8 diffrent kinds! my aunt got all excited over the feverfew!- i got all excited over the lady bells! and the beauityberry bush! we were like kids at christmas!

can any one tell me what robe jmg meanes?

Tammy
it would be nice to live in a greenhouse!

#77178 November 7th, 2006 at 09:15 PM
Robe JMG is short for robe japanese morning glory. I had some too, can't wait to try them out! Tammy, any news of ours yet? Thanks for deciding to send our first, I did put a few doubles inside my last packet.

#77179 November 7th, 2006 at 10:45 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well we have a few more days of the mailman story. While we wait for the last few envelopes to arrive. To continue it after that I may have to revive Lady Huh lol.

I'm glad the seeds are bringing joy to everyone. I've got this list of seeds that are in my private stash that now needs a massive update lol. This should be fun. Maybe I'll wait until Penny and Kenny's packets arrive before I do that. Or maybe it would be better to do it in pieces. It's pretty messy right now.

I must admit that there were times when I would have liked to be able to clone seeds. Because there were some that I would have liked to send to several people. But it wasn't always possible. So I hope all the seeds provided a bountiful harvest so next fall there is even more of everything to share.

Kenny you are very welcome. I sent some bonus packets so hopefully you will enjoy them. I had to send you some Great Soloman's Seal. I'm thinking you can put it in a bible garden and I think I remember you being interested in that idea.

Hey Sibyl I'm glad your mom found something that made her happy. It's suprising how easy that is to do in the garden. I love having a garden.

#77180 November 7th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
So are you sending out the seeds to us then Tammy?
You watch the day you send them....our's will show up!

#77181 November 7th, 2006 at 10:51 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well I sent them out yesterday so Hopefully today is the day. That would be nice wouldn't it. And if Cancolgirl got hers today too. It is great figuring out what I want to do with all the new seeds.

#77182 November 7th, 2006 at 10:53 PM
kissies laugh laugh laugh Thank you so much Tammy.....like i said...now that you have sent them, they will show up this week for you...BUT thats more for you thumbup
Thanks again Tammy and Thanks for doing an awsome job this time around too!!!

#77183 November 8th, 2006 at 01:10 AM
S
S
Thanks Kenny! i was wonderin.
i cant wait till you and Penny get youe seeds!
Tammy's doing an aswome job! you'll love every thing she sends you.

#77184 November 8th, 2006 at 01:20 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Wow, would you believe I just finished my personal stash of seeds list and I'm up to 234 different varieties of seeds. That's awesome. I love the Fall Fling.

Now all I have to do is update my trade seeds list. That's going to be a wow'er too.

#77185 November 8th, 2006 at 01:35 AM
laugh laugh laugh thumbup flw flw

#77186 November 8th, 2006 at 05:04 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Unhappily, I have to say,
Nothing came again today.

But there is always tomorrow. Hopefully I will have better news then.

#77187 November 8th, 2006 at 05:31 AM
Nothing for me either. I was hoping.... oh, well more to look forward to. As soon as I get them I will try to germinate a couple of each. I have been trying this with all the seeds I've saved and I must say I am enjoying gardening in my basement. By spring I won't have to go to Walmart or HD or any nursery because they'll be coming straight from my basement. That is huge saved money that I spent last year on established plants. Hoping to save this coming year and save more seeds varieties.

#77188 November 8th, 2006 at 05:06 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I envy you your basement. And your right that is a big money saver. I started seeds all over the apartment last year and only got a few things from the nursery that doesn't grow well from seed for me. Rosemary being a prime example lol.

#77189 November 8th, 2006 at 09:50 PM
These darn things had better show up this week...i am getting so worried over them.
I should have sent them UPS.

#77190 November 8th, 2006 at 10:12 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Don't worry unless they aren't here by Christmas. Sometimes thing just get stuck in the system. It happens. Just enjoy your seeds when they arrive.

#77191 November 8th, 2006 at 10:15 PM
I will and i appreciate you sending mine out even though my package hasnt arrived yet.
Thanks Tammy and again....you have done an awsome job with this swap kissies thumbup clp clp clp

#77192 November 8th, 2006 at 10:23 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Thanks Penny, I had a great time doing it.

#77193 November 8th, 2006 at 11:22 PM
kissies thumbup

#77194 November 9th, 2006 at 02:21 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Penny,

You were right! Your envelope arrived today. Great seeds. I see a couple that I just have to send to loz. And I love beans. I'm not sure I'll have a place for them but if I do I'll definitely be planting them.

#77195 November 9th, 2006 at 02:23 AM
laugh laugh kissies clp I am so HAPPY that they got there....i just knew that once you sent mine to me, they would show up!!
Again...thanks for letting me know...now i cant wait to get mine!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard