This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76528 December 15th, 2006 at 04:30 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
I have two beautiful Gardenias and had a problem with them having too much sun so moved them to a partially sunny location. Right now they are looking good and have some buds but noticed the past two days that the buds have fallen off. This happened before but thought it was from the sun exposure. Any help will be appreciated.

On another subject, can someone explain how I can post a picture on this site as I would like to show these gardenias and my jade. Thanks.

#76529 December 15th, 2006 at 04:58 AM
A
A
It's usually a sign of some sort of stress. Sudden changes in light, temperature or water may cause the buds to fall off. Are they in pots or in the ground? Digging them up and moving them can also cause transplant shock which could make the buds drop. growing them indoors can be rather tricky...they can be very tempermental, especially if they don't get the right amount of water.

#76530 December 18th, 2006 at 05:04 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Since I live in Southwest Florida, the plants are outdoors and they were in an area of sun most of the day. They are in large terra cotta pots and we moved them to an area of partial sun. I have read they should be kept moist. Are they getting too much water? I will watch them very closely to see if any additional buds fall off. Thank you for replying.

Link Copied to Clipboard