This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
HELP-- i am new to any type of gardening and planted the mentioned above flowers, i live in CT and it is getting to be that time of the season, what do i do with them over the winter, cut back? how much ?

and especially with the orange pixie lilies, will they come in thicker next year??

thanks

klozewski wavey

Welcome aboard..........Stay long and come often..This is a great place to Learn.. We're all learning........
Lilys in CT

I never do a thing to my lilies over winter.. I am zone 5 ......penna.

Notice you name sounds Polish or slovish...I am Polish........
Have fun.

dodge wavey angell idea

N
N
Welcome to the fascinating world of the friendly fellow gardeners, ski (sounds American to me)-- I agree with dodge (not related to de soto/ plymouth, are you) :rolleyes: : October is a good time to set lilies out; I pretty much let mine be, since they like to be left alone. Had bad luck replanting some martagons a couple of years ago.

Click on pic to link for an informative rundown on it:

[Linked Image]

This site says to divide them every third year.

S
S
Klozewski
im in zone 6. the winters are cold and freezing, i have autums joy sedums.ive never cut mine back. im too lazy when the cold weather comes. ill wait till spring then clean up the mess.just toss some mulch [i use leaves i rake up ]on them to protect them from the winter. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard