This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi Everyone! wavey

I'm Looking for 20 or more bearded iris in different colors other than purple to fill in my mom's iris bed. Duh
Thanks for the help! kissies angell

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Even the local dollar tree is selling bulbs right now down here in Virginia. You shouldn't have any problem finding them. Wal-Mart also has a big stock of bulbs right now. And I wouldn't be supprised to see them at Lowe's or Home Depot either but I haven't had a chance to get over there.

OP Offline
I went over to Ebay and checked also..hoping to find some where i could buy 20 to a package instead of purchasing them individually like Walmart has them.

michigan bulb has 30 for 8.99... not a bad price but they are mixed

N
N
Hi,gg: check out this link for a listing of online iris growers:
Iris

Here's a site in particular which offers bulbs & plants in bulk:
Bloomingbulb.com

Hope this helps. Good luck!

S
S
Have you tried Sam's Club or Lowe's? Our local stores have TONS! Happy planting.

Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
I would stay away from the Michigan Bulb Co. They do not have a very good reputation. How about gardening catalogs? There are a ton of them out there. Everyone is right. Many stores have a good variety of Iris, along with all kinds of bulbs.

I only have purple and lavendar, I think. I planted some white ones and if they come up this year I'll share with you.

OP Offline
Thanks much..Best of Four! wavey
I will have to go out hunting for some....I am leery about buying any thru mail order nurseries...i like to see it b4 i buy it. wavey
Greg angell gab

Greg...I wouldn't be put off by the mail order places...as long as the price is worth a 50/50 risk...I have lots of stuff from cheapie catalogs.
However, I'd be glad to share some irises, and many of us would share, but I'll have to wait to see what colors are where...mine are all mixed up, and I do have lots of purple...but you could get lots for free or for postage alone right here! We're all family, after all! thumbup grinnnn

S
S
Buy from Breck's. They have quality bulbs, and you can buy anything, in any quantity.

http://www.brecks.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1143040016

Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Yes, I agree.....Brecks is very good when it comes to bulbs!!!

I saw some white iris' today. They are so beautiful when bunched together. My iris are blooming now and the white ones didn't bloom again. I've wondered if the cats dug them up right after I planted them because they've never done a thing and this yard is full of iris so I know it's a good place for them.

Link Copied to Clipboard