This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75701 October 8th, 2006 at 09:49 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I've got some kind of dwarf bush that I want to take with me when I move. These bushes have very long tap roots so since I haven't been able to identify it. Are there any general rules for pruning roots. I mean I'm assuming since there is the art of bonsai there may be a way for me to do this. I really love the way this bush has matured and I'd really like to be able to keep it going.

#75702 October 8th, 2006 at 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how tall is the bush? generally, you should be ok if you can dig enough of the tap root to match the heighth of the bush, or maybe a little more. and dig the roots out to the diameter of the bush. that way you should have a good root system to start it!

#75703 October 9th, 2006 at 03:10 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
It'a about 8 to 12 inches tall depending on when it was last pruned.

Thankyou for the information. I"m definitely going to see if I can find a tall pot to put it in. I want to transplant it before it goes dormant. I'm afraid if I wait it will die and I won't even know it until next spring when it doesn't come back. Does that make any sense? No it doesn't not even to me. I'm so silly some times.

Thankyou for the information. I'm definitely going to try it. I love this little bush and I really want to keep it.

Link Copied to Clipboard