This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7546 September 26th, 2005 at 03:31 AM
LMT Offline OP
OP Offline
I started out grilling apples as a summer desert. Sliced, low temp, leave some crunch. Top with a touch of real maple syrup and cinnamon.

I got to thinking the other day. Why not apple stir fry? Apple, summer squash, peppers and garlic? Excellent!

EZ recipe for french toast or pancake topping. Core and slice an apple. Saute till soft, top your breakfast choice and add real maple syrup and/or cinnamon (optional). Non stick skillet and a temp low enough not to burn. With or without skins (I leave them on).

#7547 September 26th, 2005 at 09:56 AM
LMT Offline OP
OP Offline
After I posted this I took a walk. Came back, did stuff, found a bottle of wine in the frig ... I'd seen it a million times and had assumed it was old, as in opened years ago, not so ... it's starting to kick in ... at any rate ... the apple topping thing.

If you're doing a breakfast without eggs or meat you can toss some walnuts into the skillet with the apples about half way through. Get the walnuts from the baking section of the store, they pair naturally with apple. Killer stuff for a quick and simple topping and a weekend breakfast treat.

Don't over do the syrup, it's an accent.

Link Copied to Clipboard