This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#74842 March 6th, 2006 at 06:02 AM
pagarden, I'm starting my seeds this weekend. Actually....today. Its the ONLY day that I have time in the next 3 weeks!!! I, too, am in NE Pa....where are you?? Are you going to the Philly flower show? This is the first weekend of it. We're going next Sunday with my husband's aunt and uncle. I can't wait!!

Today I went to wal-mart...ours has a new greenhouse! I found a nice little kitchen herb pot kit for $10. It comes with the pot, soil, and the seeds for the 5 or 6 different herbs that the kit grows. I can't wait to assemble it.

#74843 March 8th, 2006 at 12:06 PM
OP Offline
no flower show for me- enjoy it! we are in stroudsburg. where are you at? i FINALLY started mine today too! LOL i've been itching to do it, but things just kept getting in the way- well today i MADE time! LOL and it felt SOOOOOOOO good to get my hands in dirt! LOL

#74844 March 9th, 2006 at 02:50 AM
My only concern for the moment, is when do you start to transplant the seedlings. The peat pellets are small so do I transplant them into containers for a little while longer?
I use the pellets too. I prefer starting the seeds in them because they take up such little room, so I'm able to keep most of them all in one flat on the heating pad. Once they sprout and I remove them from the heat, I stick them in left-over six packs from last year. I remove the netting (very carefully) after giving a good watering. I started doing it this way this year because last year, I left the plants in the netting and, at the end of the summer, when I was ripping up my tomatoes, there was the little pellet, with roots. Not a very extensive root system, although the plants did do well. They say that as early as the first true leaves, as late as when the plants start to touch each other, they need to be potted on.
Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard