This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73864 January 3rd, 2006 at 09:54 AM
pingram Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a tree with green leaves with white edges. I think it is a fig tree. Anyways it sits in a great place where it was growing well. Then I think it got UNDER wantered and has been loosing leaves like crazy. I've kept watering it now and put some fertilizer sticks in it. It still seems to be growing some new leaves but a lot are yellow and falling off. Any more suggestions to what I can do?

#73865 January 3rd, 2006 at 11:27 AM
Welcome pingram! An important thing to remember about a ficus tree is that it is FINICKY!!! Letting it get bone dry for 2 days can affect it for 2 weeks (or more!). I wouldn't try to overcompensate with the water-you could do more harm than good. If it was doing well before it went dry, I would continue with the regimen you were doing. I've found it difficult to keep my ficus up to par inside, i think because it's not humid enough, so that may be another thing for you to consider. I would probably try watering about 2x a week and spraying it really well with some room temperature water--good luck!

#73866 January 3rd, 2006 at 12:10 PM
pingram Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you rozy221, I will try your suggestions.
Hopefully it jumps back into it's healthy state.
Happy New Year!

Link Copied to Clipboard