This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73416 December 31st, 2006 at 05:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this isn't actually a trade post, other than to tell kenny his oxalis is on it's way, and to show him what he is getting, and show anyone who is looking the difference between "clover" the "weed" and "clover" which is actually wood sorrel aka oxalis.

i took this pic on my porch about 10 minutes ago. the purple stuff is oxalis, what i sent kenny, and the green is clover weed.

[Linked Image]

and i don't know what the other green stuff is shocked

#73417 December 31st, 2006 at 05:46 AM
Thanks Jiffy...there is a size difference definately between the two, no wonder when I looked around out yead, none of the clovers (what I used to think were oxalis) had little bulbs!

#73418 December 31st, 2006 at 05:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and, actually when you see the "bulbs" of the oxalis, it is one of those "duh - slap the forehead" things, cause they aren't bulbs at all, but that is the only word for them! if you can believe, they were totally frozen back last week, and that is today. so, i'm glad i have some on their way to you. should be there on tuesday.

#73419 December 31st, 2006 at 08:20 AM
JIFFYMOUSE,

I have the purple oxalis also.. I think they are calling them tubors........I received mine from a lady in california........multiply like rabbits.

Do you have a large flowerbed jiffy/

dodge

#73420 December 31st, 2006 at 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
right now, i don't have any flower beds, except my bulb beds, but i will have quite a few smallish ones.

and you are right, i think they do call them tubers, but i don't think that is an adequate description either!

Link Copied to Clipboard