This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72965 September 25th, 2006 at 07:47 AM
Jillbc Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All!

I was wondering if anyone can help me...I have had this pothos for quite some time and while it has not made tremendous strides in growth, it is starting to make some progress at the end of the single vine it maintains. Which is what brings me to my question: how can my plant show growth at one end and at the other (near the base) begin to show signs of death/rot? I have noticed some leaves starting to turn yellow, then the tips turn brown. And in some cases, the leaves turn yellow all together and just fall off. Can anyone please tell me what could be happening?

#72966 September 25th, 2006 at 08:26 AM
A
A
I'll take a guess because I have a couple of these. I think they like a lot of humidity. Try misting the leaves in between waterings. I read in a house plant book to put them in the shower every now and again because "it reminds them of rain and makes them happy." Isn't that cute? I'm not sure about the rot part...maybe water less and mist more?

#72967 September 26th, 2006 at 03:49 AM
It might have been over or under-watered at some point
Over-fertilized, wrong light can also cause the symptoms your describing

Pothos do well in bright indirect light (no hot direct sun)Dapple sun or just a little bit of sun is ok though. Maybe you're needs a little more light hitting the top of the plant Duh
I always make sure pot I use is about the same size as the root-ball (let it get on the rootbound side)
and dry out first between waterings.

#72968 September 28th, 2006 at 06:07 AM
Jillbc Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you guys!

Link Copied to Clipboard