This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#72041 July 26th, 2006 at 05:42 AM
Originally posted by johnCT:
but shouldn't the tomatoes be in the foreground and everything else be in the background? Duh p
LOL...I took a picture of the tomato plants in the front of the picture, but it only showed them and nothing else..this is an in general picture of my garden.

#72042 July 26th, 2006 at 07:02 AM
OP Offline
I see pics of people's gardens that are spaced out so beautifully...lots of room to walk between the rows, etc..I wish!
Comfrey's garden is exactly what I was talking about in this quote. Isn't it gorgeous?! kissies
(BTW Comfrey..b/f buggin' me again yesterday about when we're going to see you. thumbup )

#72043 July 26th, 2006 at 07:43 AM
I knew there was a reason I like you Christina...You always know the best things to say to make a person feel good. Thank You!!!

Weezie...the fence is dog pen fencing and is cheaper then most other types of fencing, plus with the smaller openings..it keeps out alittle more.

I have had many gardens that were crowded up, and tip toed around between plants and I hate it, so that is one reason I always plan my garden on paper every winter to allow for room to walk and move around, plus with my little cultivator, I will plan better next season so it will fit down all of the rows. This is the first year you can actually walk down between the tomato plant rows and pick them without having to reach through tomato plants to get to another plant laugh

So gardening no matter how experienced you are is always a learning process and each of us try to improve upon the previous year/years. Just like Christina stated..She is having a bigger garden next year laugh laugh More room for weeds to grow wink

#72044 July 27th, 2006 at 12:55 PM
S
S
Ciao John,

Hey you, what's going on with your awesome raised beds you made this year all by your lil self? Let's see a recent pic of your garden!

Cheers,
Julianna

#72045 July 27th, 2006 at 11:41 PM
J
J
Originally posted by comfrey:
Just like Christina stated..She is having a bigger garden next year laugh laugh More room for weeds to grow wink
....and heirloom tomatoes! wink

Well said Comfrey.

Julianna, I'll take some new pics today or tomorrow and post them. Everything's doing real well. A few spots of disease that I'm trying to keep up on, but most plants are thriving. Ya know, I'm glad I took your advice and put a six foot cage on ARGG. That bad girl is now at six and a half feet and still going! Still nothing else showing color except the four I've already tried. Should be harvesting my first lime green salad in the next few days though.

#72046 July 28th, 2006 at 01:18 AM
OP Offline
so that is one reason I always plan my garden on paper every winter to allow for room to walk and move around,
Yes..I do the same thing. Guess it didn't work for me this year..or last year...or the year before that, or the year before that, or the... laugh nutz

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard