This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71551 June 10th, 2006 at 03:00 AM
OP Offline
I have five and they all look completely different. Hence "holiday", not sure if they are xmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, ect...

Anyway, they are all healthy and happy but three are in need of repotting. So.....

....here is my question, considering that they are not true cacti is there any particular potting medium I should look into?

I repotted all my African Violets into self-watering pots a while back and read in the instructions that these type of pots were also great for christmas cactus. Anyone try them for that?

That being said would it be too much of a stretch to assume they might do well in AV potting soil?

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

David

#71552 June 10th, 2006 at 11:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have mine in regular miracle gro, but i do know folks who have used av soil and also orchid soil since they are actually not cacti at all, but rather epiphytes. (a cousin of the orchid)

Link Copied to Clipboard