This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71122 October 21st, 2006 at 10:58 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I AM A NEW MEMBER TO THIS FORUM AND I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM... I HAD BOUGHT A FOUR TO FIVE FOOT INDOOR BIRD OF PARADISE plant THREE YEARS AGO FROM A LOCAL HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE. I RECENTLY MOVED TO A NEW HOUSE IN APRIL. THE plant WAS DOING GREAT UNTIL A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. IT HAS GROWN ANOTHER FOOT TO TWO BUT THE LEAVES HAVE STARTED TURNING BROWN IN SPOTS AND ARE CRACKING MORE OFTEN. THE ROOM IT IS IN IS A TWO STORY, VAULTED CEILING WITH MANY WINDOWS ALLOWING LOTS OF LIGHT. I WATER IT (ABOUT 16 OZ) EVERY WEEK IN SUMMER TO EVERY TWO WEEKS IN WINTER WITH A MIXTURE OF MIRACLE GROW EVERY MONTH AND A HALF. I MIST THE LEAVES ON OCCASION. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG. THIS IS MY FAVORITE plant OF MY COLLECTION AND NEED HELP. PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE. THANK YOU.

#71123 October 21st, 2006 at 01:09 PM
I don't know the answer to your problem , but you need to UNLOCK YOUR CAPS! laugh When typing on the forum, if you use all capital letters it means you are shouting at us. kissies

#71124 October 21st, 2006 at 08:21 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I am sorry for using all caps. I was not trying to punctuate my message that way. That is the way i write free hand with all caps and it carries over to typing. Once again, i am sorry.

#71125 October 21st, 2006 at 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you for unlocking the caps kissies about your bop, the first think i'm thinking is that you have a low humidity problem. especially if that is the only thing you have changed. try a "pebble tray" by putting a tray or container that is a couple of inches larger that will hold about an inch or two of water under your plant. then put some pebbles or something in the tray to keep the plant from touching the water. after that, keep the tray filled with water to raise the immediate humidity right around the plant.

#71126 October 22nd, 2006 at 11:17 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you very much ill try a pepple tray and let you know how it does. Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard