This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71022 May 20th, 2005 at 01:50 PM
P
OP Offline
P
4 foot high plant ,no rust or leaf damage,healthy looking,NO flowers, what am I doing wrong ?6 to 8 hours a day direct and indirect sun ,plant food, talked to it, prayed for it ,now lately have just been looking the other direction, didnt think u could mess up a Hollyhock, I was wrong!!!

#71023 May 20th, 2005 at 07:47 PM
My Hollyhocks took a very long time to bloom also but after a while they finally did & boy they were worth the wait maybe their like mine slooooow to bloom. kit
Originally posted by plant killer:
4 foot high plant ,no rust or leaf damage,healthy looking,NO FLOWERS, what am I doing wrong ?6 to 8 hours a day direct and indirect sun ,plant food, talked to it, prayed for it ,now lately have just been looking the other direction, didnt think u could mess up a hollyhock, I was wrong!!!

#71024 June 15th, 2005 at 03:06 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
MEGS reply:

p.k. don't fret. From what I was told by a woman who was growing Hollyhocks like crazy (and I got seeds from her..) she said that they took 2 years to flower. The first year, they grow thier green.. the 2nd year, they flower. Prolific reseeder. The wind blew seeds everywhere, she even ended up with Hollyhocks out in the backyard, where she didn't plant any. LOL.

I did a search, and found this page-
Hortiscope, questions on hollyhocks.
Bill may have more info available as well, but I didn't find it.

Meg

#71025 June 15th, 2005 at 06:14 AM
HI plant KILLER it might be a little to soon yet for them to bloom.i see you live in tenn.i live in north east ala.and my Hollyhocks are just now getting buds on them but i do have one that has 3 blooms on it.just give it time if its a second year plant it should bloom this year just keep your soil moist not soggy.just be patience with them.good luck with your plants.your friend in gardening.mike57

#71026 May 5th, 2006 at 08:01 AM
D
D
Wondering if your Hollyhocks bloomed this year. I live in East Texas and I planted my seeds in '04. This year is the first year for blooms and they are looking great. I intend to plant a big bead of flowers with Hollyhocks, poppies, and etc for show. I saw a bed of flowers along side the curb on one of our main thoroughfares about 4x20 and they were just gorgeous. All tall flowers! It was quite eye-catching!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard