This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7021 October 10th, 2006 at 09:20 PM
Tonya Offline OP
OP Offline
I make these for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year....big hit!! I don't really measure too much on this one- just sweeten to taste.

4-6 whole Sweet potatoes
Cinnamon
Butter
Brown Sugar
Milk
Vanilla
Flour

Slice sweet potatoes in 2 inch thick slices and boil until soft. Remove from water and peel skin off. (you can peel them first, then boil, but the skin just "falls" off if you boil them first) Mash them with butter and a touch of milk to make them smooth. Add 1 tsp of vanilla, about 1-2 tsp of cinnamon, and sweeten to taste with brown sugar, and blend until almost smooth- we like them a little lumpy. Pour into a round baking dish and set aside.

Topping:
Combine equal parts of Brown Sugar, Flour, and Butter as well as another tsp of vanilla. Mix until crumbly and spread over top of potatoes. Bake at 350* until crispy and gooey. YUM!! Very rich and sweet, but VERY good!!

#7022 October 10th, 2006 at 10:05 PM
I am gonna try those for Thanksgiving they sound great. I have only baked sweet potatoes with mallow cream on top. These sound so much better. I think I am gonna add pecans to the mix though.

#7023 October 11th, 2006 at 12:08 AM
Tonya Offline OP
OP Offline
I have never thought of adding nuts.... :rolleyes: Where is my "smacking head" graemlin. laugh laugh

I started doing these because Doug asked for candied yams and I hate marshmallows... :p yucko!!

Link Copied to Clipboard