This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69889 October 9th, 2006 at 11:58 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well I just transplanted the last of this type of lettuce in the garden. It is doing terrific. I may used one of these "heads" for the lettuce on Friday. It just looks soooooo good. I'm thrilled to have finally had success with lettuce. I'm thinking about maybe growing some all winter long inside. It doesn't seem to mind the white chinese food trays at all to grow in.

#69890 October 29th, 2006 at 07:56 AM
D
D
You are lucky if you can grow lettuce indoors. I've tried it, it grew spindly and then withered away to Veggie Heaven. I didn't have favorable lighting inside and my indoor temp was probably too warm without the proper humidity. Most lettuces prefer cooler temps.

I heard that endive lettuce is more on the bitter side. Your Topic "Endive like lettuce"
Are you referring to a type that's similar to Endive?

Happy growing..

#69891 October 30th, 2006 at 10:15 AM
For a small plot of salad greens in a cold climate, consider setting up a cold frame in a sunny part of the yard. There are lots of websites covering the topic, so just do a search. I think all you need is an old window frame, a hole in the ground or bunch of cinder blocks and you're all set.

Link Copied to Clipboard