This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6974 June 20th, 2005 at 01:25 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, here is an excellent recipe for a hearty Italian soup that everyone swears is addictive once tasted. What I like about this recipe is that it is made of things you can have on stock in your pantry and freezer, except for the celery, so there's no need to run to the market when you are busy or the weather is bad.

Take 1/2 to 1 lb. good quality ground beef and brown it in your sauce pan.

Toss in one finely chopped medium onion and a few stalks of chopped celery.

Then add...
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Cannellini beans (small white kidney beans) that have been DRAINED and WELL-RINSED!
1 can sliced carrots
2 cans beef broth

Allow to simmer for a while, heating thoroughly. About 10 to 12 minutes before serving, add

3/4 cup Ditalini pasta. This is the pasta that resembles ziti noodles cut down to a short size. Elbows would also work.

When the Ditalini is tender, serve up!

Your family and friends will love you for this one!

By the way, Pasta E Fagioli is pronounced "Pasta Fa-zool"

Merme

#6975 June 20th, 2005 at 10:43 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Merme..you must have been reading my mind (except I don't have one...Hhmm) When you mentioned in a thread the other day that you were making this for Maxi...I was just itching to know how to make it...NOW I DO thumbup Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard