This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69019 July 27th, 2006 at 03:51 PM
OP Offline
what has everyone picked and eaten out of their garden so far? we have had cucumbers (lemon and sugar crunch hybrid), tomatoes (4 of july, cherry and yellow pears), green onions, yellow squash and zucchini and 1 awesome ear of corn we all shared! LOL i have a decent size pepper on there (i planted the carnival mix and this one is a very light shade of yellow) now and maybe will put it into my salad soon. i have LOTS of tomaotes starting to turn each day. i picked about 3 "4 of july"s and a handful of cherries today with 1 cuke and had myself an awesome dinner! with fresh parsley and basil mixed in. it was still warm from the outside and it was yummy! what's everyone else been munchin on?

#69020 July 27th, 2006 at 06:26 PM
Strawberries ! Chives ! Basil ! kit

#69021 July 27th, 2006 at 11:10 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Chives, Radishs, Peas, Strawberries, Romaine & Red Leaf Lettuce, Black & Red Raspberries, 1 Cucumber, and 2 Cherry Tomatoes grinnnn
(not bad for someone STILL PLANTING THE GARDEN! :rolleyes: eek )

ohhhh, editing here....
I picked two banana peppers too..
*haven't eaten them yet, gotta get some
taco chips to eat with the salsa*

#69022 July 27th, 2006 at 11:28 PM
J
J
Well, let's see.....TOMATOES, lettuce(3 diff kinds), radish, beans, and green onions. peppers are ready to pick and my first squash is on the vine!

#69023 July 27th, 2006 at 11:51 PM
N
N
Lettuce, tomatoes, artichokes, green beans, spaghetti squash, corn and brussels sprouts!

Sharon

#69024 July 28th, 2006 at 12:57 AM
Lettuce, beans, green peppers, chili peppers, jalapeno peppers, spinach, radishes, carrots, arugula, shallots, brussel sprouts, mint, basil, cilantro, thyme...no tomatoes yet and I'm beginning to get a wee bit impatient.

#69025 July 28th, 2006 at 01:19 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sorry John, meant to edit my OWN post.. shocked shocked Duh perpl

#69026 July 28th, 2006 at 02:21 AM
O
O
Spinach, corn salad, lettuce, 2 plantings of peas, chives, Thai peppers, onions, cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower, tomatoes, and corn. Also raspberries, gooseberries, peaches and one apple so far.

#69027 July 28th, 2006 at 02:26 AM
I've gotten watermelon, sweet and hot peppers, cilantro, cukes, tomatoes (early girls and roma), and apricots.

#69028 July 28th, 2006 at 02:34 AM
tomatoes, peppers, lots of zukes, and a bunch of herbs smile

it's somehow special and extra tasty to eat stuff that you've grown!

#69029 July 28th, 2006 at 03:12 AM
S
S
Ciao all,

We've had quite a bit so far, but still waiting for the big guns, the mid-season tomatoes.

Fruit we've had: strawberries, blueberries, golden raspberries, cherries, apricots, mulberries

Herbs we've had: basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, chives, lovage, anise hyssop, sage, Italian parsley, cilantro, tarragon, summer savory, oh and did I mention basil?

flowers we've had: nasturtiums, violas, arugula flowers, chive flowers, basil flowers, lavender, squash blossoms

Vegetables we've had: Sungold F1, Kimberley, Kotlas tomatoes, bok choi, romaine, mesclun, arugula, radicchio, beets, carrots, snow peas, snap peas, peppers-hot and sweet (LOTS), Casper, Violetta Lunga, and Antigua eggplants, Ronde de Nice, Yellow/Black Striped, and Golden Zucchini.

Here are a few harvest pics:

Ronde de Nice Zucchini

[Linked Image]

Genovese Basil for Pesto

[Linked Image]

Resulting Pesto

[Linked Image]

Duane's pepper Harvest

[Linked Image]

Casper and Violetta Lunga Eggplant and what were labelled as Yellow/Black Striped Zucchini (free seeds from Seedy Saturday)

[Linked Image]

If anyone knows of some good eggplant recipes, PLEASE let me know!

Cheers,
Julianna

#69030 July 28th, 2006 at 03:20 AM
I've gotten TOMATOES, cucmbers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, yellow squash, green beans, green onions, a few new potatoes & okra. My first watermelon is being picked today p

#69031 July 28th, 2006 at 03:31 AM
D
D
Zucchini is growing faster than I can eat them here- gave alot away already. Just started getting some cucumbers- straight 8's, National pickling, and Pionsett 76's. Jalapenos are going crazy too- still green, picked a few and made Jalapeno cornbread. Have lots of vegatbles coming out but not ripe to eat yet- cherry & Juliet tomatoes are loaded but still green. Did have a few Cherry Bomb hot peppers- chopped and used on Quesidilla. Also a few cayennes that turned red- dried them already.

#69032 July 28th, 2006 at 05:12 AM
My harvest from yesterday. Pictured are my Bi-Licious sweet corn, Goliath and Husky Red tomatoes, Bush Pickle and Hybrid 2 cucumbers, Black Beauty zuchinni.
[Linked Image]

This spring I received a good harvest of strawberries. 15 quarts or so from the 3' x 15' bed I created last year.

The rest of my harvest includes: Beets, Radishes, Carrots, Turnips, Spinach, Several varieties of lettuce, Broccoli, Snap Beans, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Zuchinni, Corn.

The raccoons and squirrels chomped about 40% of my corn. mad What I got to eat was excellent sweet corn.

Incredible yields from my Black Beauty Zuchinni(2 plants) More than I ever remember harvesting. No sevin sprayed and no bad bugs on them as of late July. clp

#69033 July 28th, 2006 at 10:27 AM
M
M
Let's see. Spinach,broccoli, peas,onions,squash,tomatoes,cucumbers,radish,strawberries,string beans,lettuce,peppers,and lots of herbs.

#69034 July 28th, 2006 at 11:12 AM
Compared to most of you my list is shorter-tuff season and I'm still learning.

Red radishes, "Dakota" peas, red rasberries, "Fleet" sweet corn. Yukon Gold potatoes should be ready to dig out this weekend.

Still waiting on tomatoes, cucumbers, kentucky bush beans and some typical fall time harvestable vegies.

Seeing all the good pictures in posts on this forum makes me hungry all the time. Keep up the good work its inspiration for us still waiting!

#69035 July 29th, 2006 at 12:45 AM
I've been getting tons of crooked neck squash, dozens of tomatoes (slowing down now, GA heat) lots of bell peppers, okra, lots of hot pepper varieties, cucumbers, onions, only 2 heads of cabbage frown

#69036 July 29th, 2006 at 01:02 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
All of the tomatoes have produced the best plant of the bunch is the tiny tim cherry tomatoes. It really produces a bunch of fruit.

The boldog hungarian spice peppers are producing really long peppers for the paparika supply so i'm happy with that. It's hard to crunch into powder though. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm thinking of getting a coffee grinder lol.

The green peppers produce but none really have the flavor I'm looking for. Any one have a good sweet bell flavor variety?

#69037 July 29th, 2006 at 01:51 AM
Beans,mators,onions,peppers still waiting on several squashes etc..oh and herbs..
my mators are slow to turn red this year?

#69038 August 1st, 2006 at 01:06 PM
Woodland, your picture is great. Looks like it is a picture.

We've had blueberries, plums, got figs yesterday, blackberries, radishes, green beans, squash, cukes, tomatoes, bell peppers, the okra is getting ready, the apples are ready but haven't eaten any, and the pears are ready too, and potatoes.

I can't seem to get strawberries to grow.

Eatting fresh stuff is such fun.

#69039 August 2nd, 2006 at 02:51 AM
D
D
I've had lettuce (continental varieties -- Lollo Rosso, etc.), some small Roma cherry toms (but loads getting ready), Cucumber's, one early onion (as we ran out of shop bought ones, and it was nice!), plus a load of french beans.

I've also 'harvested' one small carrot (more a thining actually), but composted it as was too small to do anything with singly. My sweetcorn are looking almost ready too thumbup

#69040 August 2nd, 2006 at 07:14 AM
in order of appearance, Spinach, radishes, snow peas, early girls, bunch? lettuce, (one little head), rhubarb, cilantro, dill, banana peppers, kung pao (tasteless) chilis(3 plants prolific but not good), zucchini, mesclun, japanese eggplant, leaf lettuce, basil, bush beans, cucumbers, champion tomatoes, pole beans,
Pretty good for 12X14 and a couple of pots on the deck.

Link Copied to Clipboard