This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67292 December 18th, 2006 at 08:20 AM
OP Offline
I have 2 bamboo palms and one of them is growing out of it's pot. I still want to use the pot that's it's in now but I want to be able to hang it by the window and put my jade plant in it. Only problem is I can't find a hanging pot holder that I like. All I seem to be able to find to hang a pot with is macrame and my b/f hates the way those look and it would cover up the design on the pot. Anyone know of a good place to find something like this? I've tried to do an internet search and I'm not having very much luck. I'm also not having any luck at the nursery.

#67293 December 18th, 2006 at 08:44 AM
I will look at my nursery and see what they have kissies

--Mark--

#67294 December 18th, 2006 at 04:18 PM
S
S
web page
this site has bead hangers, a bit pricey, but pretty

#67295 December 18th, 2006 at 10:53 PM
R
R
Is the pot drillable? Or is there a lip of any sort to it and is that lip sturdy enough to hold the weight of the pot and dirt and plant plus water?

If so, I think I've seen simple 3-string holders using S-hooks at Wal-Mart for around $2 in the plant section. Or it would be sooooo easy to make your own (and incorporate the ideas from the site sibyl posted, those *are* cute and they don't look at all hard to figure out!).

Good luck! flw

#67296 December 19th, 2006 at 01:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have the same problem...want to hang plants and don't have hanging planters.

i was going to make material holders for the pots (to go around the bottom of the pot for support) and then use the chains that roflol mentioned.

those bead hangers ARE cute...not worth the price tho. you could easily make them yourself (and customize to match your decor). just use a heavy-weight fishing line to string the beads on...

on second thought, i think that's what i'm going to do instead of the material straps with the chains!

#67297 December 19th, 2006 at 07:24 AM
OP Offline
It has a little bit of a lip but not much and it's a ceramic pot so I'm not sure how well we could drill it without breaking it. Last year the nursery had these plant hangers that we liked but didn't have a use for at the time. It was like a cast iron plate with chains attatched so you could place the pot on the plate and hang it up. Of course now we can't find anything like that, but we'll keep looking. Thanks for all the input so far, those beaded ones are cute but they are a bit pricy and they wouldn't match. The pots are brown with chinese symbols on them.

#67298 December 21st, 2006 at 08:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
take the empty pot with you to walmart's craft section. near the feathers and stuff, they have brass rings of every size. find one that the pot will sit on/in. then go to the section with embroidery thread. they will have some heavier thread there, that is cord weight. get some in a complimentary color to the pot, and make yourself a hanger.

Link Copied to Clipboard