This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65748 March 7th, 2006 at 10:51 PM
OP Offline
I have a heap of flowers and I am not sure what the proper way to remove the seeds...
these are the ones.
columbine
peppermint
jacobs ladder
carnation
Hollyhock (black knight)
fox glove
any ifno would be great!
I am sure there are a lot I am forgetting right now as well

Hollyhock (black knight)
Hollyhocks make a seed pod, you can break the pod open with your hands (fingers) and the seeds are in a disc, they are brown to black in color (usually the lighter the flower the lighter the seed color, since you have black knight yours shoudl be black)

Don't know about the others I have never grown any of those.

OP Offline
Hey thanks alot just want to be able to share and have alot more flowers!! I think I will start on my neighbors yard this summer I am getting bored of the plastic ones they put over there...

hi there! maybe this will help?
The Seed Site
columbine seed pod

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
the seed site is wonderful and has helped me alot. One thing about the columbine is that the seed pod has to mature and it takes forever. (at least if your as impatient as I am) If you harvest to soon the seeds won't be there. So wait until the seed pod is entirely brown but before it opens a hole in the bottom for the seeds to escape through. Needless to say I was out there everyday checking lol. Mine usually had about 75 seeds per pod so I was able to trade a lot.

OP Offline
That is a great site Thanks a bunch everyone here is so nice can't wait to get those seeds clp I am gonna have a blast the next stage in gardening dev

#65754 October 10th, 2006 at 03:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup

#65755 November 10th, 2006 at 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered